Tuesday, January 17, 2017

~A Peek Into Our Weeks~

We took down our outside Christmas decorations.  I put it off because I just love the look of a Christmas wreath on the door.  The wind chimes are the ones that Steven got me for Christmas this year.  They sound so pretty.
 Here is Tristyn at work.  I was dropping off his dinner.  He is such a sweet young man.  I love him so much.
Lauren went on Steven and I's lunch date to Olive Garden the other Saturday.  She got a really cute drink, so I thought I'd snap a photo.

I've been doing a lot of decluttering and organizing of closets this last week.  This is the closet in Megan's room.  She actually uses the upstairs guest room closet for her clothing and shoes, so this closet is used for her stuffed animals and storage.  I let go of some things we didn't need and love then organized what was left.  I also have been doing the linen closet and the kitchen cabinets.    It is an on going process to let go of things you don't love or need and keep organized.  It feels so good to have things neat and tidy.  

Lauren is a bit of a minimalist with the decor in her room, but she was happy to have a large mirror put in.  This way she can practice her cheer dances and see herself in her outfits.  We found that mirror at Lowes.
 Here is my precious little niece, Lilah.  I love it when my sister Lori sends me photos of her.  She is such a little doll.
I re-organized my little shelf in my kitchen.  I'm still not sure if I want to paint it my favorite shade of blue.  I think I want to some days, but then think it might be a bit much.  
Here is the wax melt I've been melting in my kitchen.  It is Vanilla Cookie Crunch.  It smells so yummy!  I only put that little mat out when I'm melting wax, as it is too busy otherwise.

I've taken a little time to relax and watch YouTube in the guest room this past weekend.  
Here is Megan and one of her bff's in their matching Pajamas.  They looked so cute, but I couldn't get them to pose for a photo, so I took what I could get.  


   I wasn't sure if I'd share this, but Megan's hamster Oreo died.  She was so upset and cried and cried.  The reason I decided to share this is because of how she chose to remember her.  She wrote her name in his casket and drew a picture of her.  I frame the picture and put it in her room.  Oreo was her first pet and she truly loved her.  She also wrote a card about how special Oreo was and how she knew she wanted her the first time she saw her, and how she will always be in her heart.  It was just so sweet.
They were predicting a bad ice storm this last weekend, but we lucked out and didn't get much.  I was so thankful for that.  We have just been staying home a lot and enjoying the coziness of our little house.  I am so thankful for a warm, cozy home especially when it is cold outside.  I think of people in this world who are not as blessed and just wish everyone could have a nice life.  I do feel blessed and love our simple little life.  Have a great week and God bless.  Juli

2 comments:

  1. Juli,
    Your posts are always so reflective and cozy.
    I agree.
    It is nice to remember to be thankful.
    For our lives, homes, families....
    Sorry about the dear pet.
    Have a blessed, cozy week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete