Monday, May 29, 2023

~A Peek Into Our Weeks

Here is my precious little grandson Leo.  Lauren and Leo went to spend some time at my parents house a couple of weeks ago.
Here is a Christmas ornament that my darling niece Lilah got for me when she was on vacation.  I will cherish it always.
My daughter Megan moved out of state, but I have a room waiting for her when she comes to visit.  This vanity was mine when I was a girl and I have stocked it with perfumes that both of my daughters will like.  Even though they no longer live here, I want them to feel they have a place of their own when they come visit.

 This is the top of my little closet.  It makes me happy to open it each day and see my little display.  I am a big believer of keeping things neat and tidy and decorated in a way that will bring your heart joy.
This is a book that I am reading.  I am loving it.  It is about Christmas and how it was celebrated during different periods in America.  

All is quiet in our little house today.  My husband and son are out working on one of my husband's properties.  I am using my time to rest because I have been sick for a few days.  Despite feeling sick, my heart is full.  I am so thankful for my family and getting to see my children grow and bloom into adults.  I am thankful for our little house and how it has been a comfort to me through out the years.  

It has been a little hard for me having Megan move, but I also am happy for her to start her life as a young adult.  I find comfort turning to God and reading my devotionals and Bible.  When I spend time in prayer I find such a peace.  I want to thank you for stopping by my little space.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

3 comments:

  1. It must be so hard to have all your
    girls leave the nest.
    Change is hard. I sold my home of 42 years and moved to the country.
    It was strange and it took a bit of time to adjust , but now I could never go back.
    God's word is a good place to go
    for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely friend. Yes, the children growing and beginning their lives is a hard one. Please know I am praying for you. Knowing it is what they are supposed to do, and that we prepared them to go out into the world should make it easier, but dang it! Why is it so hard! Your grandbaby is precious!!!!! Enjoy the cozy days in your beautiful home. I will be doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice Mom you are, Juli. What girl wouldn’t love the thoughtfulness you show in stocking pretty scents on their dresser? I love the set-up and would be drawn to it.
    Ooo, I wanna read that Christmas traditions book.
    So sorry you’ve been sick. But, am glad you gain peace praying and reading devotionals.
    Praying for you~
    Mary

    ReplyDelete