Wednesday, August 5, 2026

This summer just seemed to fly by for our family.  We have a lot of changes in our little household.  Steven and I have moved to a new house.  We lived in our other house for 22 years.  I did shed some tears for all of the special memories our family shared in our other home, but I truly am feeling happy and at home in our new house.  I realized that I don't have to live in the house our children grew up in to hold on to those special memories. 

Another big change is that Steven and I are about to become empty nesters.  Our youngest son is going off to college in another town.  As hard as it is to let a child you love dearly go, truly it is a joy to see them spread their wings and fly.

We went to Branson for vacation and while I was there, I met a wonderful women who just turned 90 years old.  She had a heart attack and had died in the hospital.  She told me that she saw Heaven, but she thought to herself that because she had been a sinner in her youth that she didn't deserve Heaven.  She said as soon as she thought that she was back in her body.  I told her that I too had been a sinner in my youth and that as long as we turn away from our sinful ways and repent and truly trust that the blood Jesus shed on the cross can cover even the worst of sins when we belong to Christ, then we can receive the gift of Heaven through the grace of the Lord. It is not because we are good enough, because none of us can earn Heaven on our own.  Only through Jesus can we receive the gift of Heaven.  We talked about how we must place our 100 percent trust in Jesus,  just as a young child trusts their parents, so we must trust Christ. 

I want to also ask for prayers for my Mom, and she is about to have open heart surgery.  I know that the Lord will be with her and is already giving her a peace.  

I'm excited to be back to my little blog.  I hope that you have a blessed day and I thank you for taking time to visit my little space.  God bless you and keep you in His loving care. Hugs to you.                                                                 ~Juli

 

No comments:

Post a Comment