Tuesday, August 25, 2026

~ A Peek Into Our Weeks



 
 
Here is a cute baby bunny that lives in our yard.  It has been very hot in Kansas, so I have been leaving a little bowl of water out for it to drink.

I have been enjoying the air conditioning on days that have been getting up to 107 degrees.  I love to learn about pioneer times and try to live in a simple old fashioned way, but I truly am thankful for modern technology such as medical care and climate control and such.


Here is kitty in a little sitting area off of our living room.  She loves that rocking chair.  I had planned to put it in our downstairs family room, but I am leaving it right where it is so she can enjoy it.
Steven and I just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and we got ourselves some new recliners.  They are such a blessing to have.
This is our study, and where I do my reading and my blog work.  It is also nice to have my book collection housed in here as well.  In the evenings I enjoy listening to my Little House books on audible, it is so cozy and makes my heart happy.
I want to thank everyone who said prayers for my Mom.  She is doing well and for that I am so very thankful. 
 
We are settling in nicely to our new home.  For many years I thought I would never want to move from our home where we raised our children.  There were some things that both my husband and I wanted such as up stairs laundry, a study, sprinkler systems and such that our other home did not have.  One day I told my husband I would be willing to move.  In no time at all we found this house and it checked all the boxes that we had wished for.  I did shed tears of letting go of our home that we lived in for 22 years, but now I know those special memories live in my heart and I don't need to live in the house to keep them close.  

I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by my space.  May God bless you and keep you in His holy care.  Hugs to you. ~Juli 


5 comments:

  1. Precious bunny - thank you for providing it water. It’s been hot just about everywhere, including OK. We’ve been so thankful for ac and fans this summer. How did women cook and clean without it?!
    Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary! How fun to get new recliners to relax in together. And a rocking chair for Kitty 🐈‍⬛
    Sounds like your new home was meant for you. Isn’t the Lord so good to us?!
    I’m glad to hear you mom came thru fine.
    Blessings on your cozy home 🏡
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice! Do you mind if I ask where you purchased your recliners? Also, love the book collection! I remember you posting pretty vignettes of little items in your old home - did you donate a lot of things moving or bring them along? Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We purchased our recliners at a Little family owned furniture shop in a town near ours. I still have my little knickknacks and such, but most of them are packed away at the moment. Some of them I will put back out and some of them we will donate.

      Delete
  3. That's so sweet of you to put out water for the bunny.
    It's hot down south where we are too.
    We have been in a drought so long the poor animals need water.
    My husband has been watching over a few baby fawns. He puts large galvanized
    Tubs of water in the woods behind our house. We left the acres behind the house wild for the animals.
    Congratulations on your anniversary
    A rare thing nowadays.
    I am glad your momma is doing well.
    I did pray for her.
    Blessings on your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for praying for my mom. I greatly appreciate it.❤️

    ReplyDelete