Wednesday, March 30, 2016

~A Snapshot of Our Week~

Our little home has been busy this week, with the Easter holiday.  I have been doing a lot of menu planning and baking homemade foods.  Lauren went to her Grandpa and Grandma's house in the country for spring break.  She had fun helping her grandparents work in their garden, and helping gather fresh farm eggs from the chicken house.

Megan enjoyed spending time with her friends, and hosted two slumber party's over the break.

Steven worked on his apartments a bit, but was able to fit in some time for some relaxation as well.  Justin helped his Daddy get the garden ready.
I was excited Steven painted our little half bath room for me!  I like the 1950's turquoise coloring.

I made some home made comfort food for our family.  I'm afraid I ate too many chocolate chip cookies.  I usually can resist the temptation to eat more than a couple.  
This is the surprise I awoke to on Easter morning.  A blanket of fluffy white snow covered the ground and trees.
Steven and I went on a little outing, and visited a little thrift shop where I found a few new cook books.  I love to get new recipes try, and if they are good, then I add them to my list to choose from for meal selections.  The Taste of Home cookbooks I truly just love.  

Today is quiet in our little home.  Lauren is home with a fever and cough, so I'm tending to her care.  I'm doing my daily laundry and planning to make Chicken and long grain rice soup for our dinner this evening.  That is a snap shot of our week.  I hope yours was a good one.    


3 comments:

  1. Love the color of your mixer. :) mine is a deep brown. Sounds like everyone is keeping you busy.Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill. I had a white one for twenty years and it still works great but I gave it to Tristyn and splurged on the color I really loved! 😀 miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Teri! My vintage bake ware is special to me. It reminds me of my grandma Kelly. 😀 I used to go thrifting and to yard sales often which is where I found them. Have a nice week. Hugs Juli

    ReplyDelete