Monday, June 19, 2017

~The Keeper Of Home Series: Tres Leches Cake Recipe~

Today I want to share a recipe that is the most amazing cake I've ever had.  It is called Tres Leches Cake.  My daughter Megan had it at one of her friends birthday party's last year.  I believe it was created in Mexico.  My daughter Megan does not like cake at all, but after she tried this one at her friend Noellia's birthday, she just loved it.  I found this recipe and it is one I just have to share.  It is the moistest cake I've ever had.  It is easy to make, but takes a bit of time.  

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with spray oil.

In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup of flour, 1.5 tsp of Baking Powder and 1/4 tsp of salt mix with a spoon

Take 5 eggs and put the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another bowl.  In you Kitchen aid, or a large bowl beat the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of sugar.  Beat this on high speed until yolks are pale yellow.  stir in 1/3 cup of whole milk and 1 tsp of vanilla.  Pour egg yolk mixture into the flour mixture and stir gently until combined.  

Rinse Kitchen aid bowl, or mixing bowl and put in your egg whites.  Beat on high speed until soft peaks form.  With mixer on, pour in 1/4 cup of sugar and beat until stiff.  Fold this into the bowl of batter very gently until combined. 
Pour into your cake dish and bake.  Check after 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.  My oven took 25 minutes to bake this.

Let cake cool completely.   Then flip cake over in the cake pan.  I just turned it upside down and put it close to the counter top with my hand underneath it to help it gently come out.   Then put the cake bottom side up back into your cake pan.


Next poke cake all over with a fork to create little holes.  In your pouring bowl mix one can evaporated milk and one can sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream, mix together.  Now gently pour all over the cake, leaving just about one cup remaining that can be discarded.
Now let the cake set for a half an hour and all of the milk will absorb into the cake.


Take 16 ounces of Heavy Whipping Cream and add 3 Tbsp of sugar, beat on high until it turns into whipped cream.  Spread the whipped cream on top of your cake.  Top with chopped strawberries, or any fruit you like.  Keep in the refrigerator and serve.  It is so yummy!!!

I just wanted to share this recipe, as it is a keeper in my book!  From time to time on my Keeper of Home Series, I will post some of my favorite recipes, in case any one would like to give them a try.  I also am going to start posting my Keeper of Home Series on Wednesday instead of Mondays from now on.  Mondays just tend to be very busy around our little home.  Thanks for coming by my little space.  Hope you have a good week!  Hugs.  Juli



No comments:

Post a Comment