Tuesday, August 29, 2017

~A Peek Into Our Weeks~

Here is a photo of Tristyn and Kaylee on their honeymoon in Orlando, Florida.  They told me they had such a nice time, and created special memories. 
We took the children to the Salina mall to look for new dresses for picture day.  They each found one in the Dillard's store.  I just heard yesterday that the Salina Dillard's store is closing.  So sad...I guess we will have no choice but to go to the city to shop for dresses and such.  
Megan cheered for the first time during her schools football scrimmage.  They all did a very nice job!

Lauren preformed on the dance team as well!  All of the girls were awesome!
Megan also had her volleyball scrimmage.  That is her about to hit the ball.  
Justin's school had a open house and he showed us around all of his class rooms.  It was very nice to get to see them and have a tour from Justin!
Here is Justin with Steven and his gym teacher, Mr. H.
I could not resist snapping a photo of Lauren the other night texting in her PJ's.  She just looked so cute and cozy!

Here is a photo of my little Megan.  Oh how she is growing up into such an amazing young lady.  Beautiful inside and out.



Steven and I celebrated our 16 year anniversary the other day.  He took half a day off and we had lunch at the Amish restaurant and also went on a little out and about to Hobby Lobby.  I could not resist looking at their cute Christmas ornaments.   I have all of my fall decorations for our front yard ready to put out.  I am waiting until Sept. 1st, and am excited to change the summer decor to fall.


Inside, I have started the fall vibe going.  I have traded my summer candles for some cozy fall scents.
This is the fall wax melt I have melting in my living room right now.  It is from Walmart, and it is the kind that has two scents that you melt together.  This one is awesome, and smells like fall.  If you are looking for a good fall wax melt, you should give this a try.  
I have my little white ceramic pumpkins on display already.  



Here is a photo of our living room during the eclipse the other week.  It looked as if it were getting to be night time.  I of course lit candles and had a cup of coffee and got myself all cozy.  My husband ran home and let me use his eclipse glasses that his work gave to him.  It was neat to look at the sun looking like a very small crescent moon.

I can not believe it is already the end of August.  My how this year is flying by so fast.  I hope you are all doing well.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  Hugs.  Juli

5 comments:

  1. Hello, friend.
    I love your cozy post this late August afternoon.
    I am writing until September 1st too!!
    And then the decorating begins.
    I am slowly dusting after I packed away summer.
    Enjoyed your lovely family photos. : )
    Have a nice afternoon, Juli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a cozy afternoon. I will look forward to seeing your fall decorations. I love how you and your sweet family celebrate life to it's fullest. You are an inspiration to me. Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Teri. It's funny, I so want to jump the gun and go ahead and put my fall decor up today...I have to make myself wait a couple of days. I love fall! Hugs to you. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, cheer leading and football. Memories of our, now grown up, family. :-)

    Yes, I too have a new "Warm Apple Pie" candle going! :-) Happily, it is a gentle fragrance. A lot of candles, make us sneeze. So I have to be "careful." But I do so love seasonal candles. :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love candles too, I just think they help to make the house feel cozy. I know what you mean, some candles are just too much. I like Yankee, because they are not super strong, they just give a light scent. If you have never tried wax melts, that is something I love to scent my home. Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete