Monday, August 21, 2017

~The Keeper of Home Series:Home Inventory System~



Today, I thought I would share my home project that I am currently working on.  It is a Home Inventory System.  I started with a small notebook that I already had, and had purchased at Walmart.  I decorated the front and side cover with card stock from Hobby Lobby and stickers.  I then slid that inside the clear covers of the notebook.

This weekend I reorganized my down stairs storage spaces.  I tweaked my bins.  These bins I keep mostly supplies for my house of items I can use to replace things such as bowls and cups and such, should they get broken.  With children in the home, this does happen from time to time.  This way, I can go to my stock and just get the item.  The problem was, it was hard to remember what items were in each bin.  So I numbered my bins 1-6 and made a sheet recording each item in each bin inside of my notebook.  Now, I can easily see what is where.  I used number stickers that we had on hand, and had all but the number three.  So I left it blank.  Numberless number three is my downstairs Christmas balls and tree skirt and tinsel.   This is not truly a bin that I need a detailed list on.
I also did an inventory on my candles.  Each row that you see has three candles.  These are the ones I like to switch out and burn as my mood strikes.  So they are my active candles.
I also keep some candles in my closet.  Part of this collection is a no burn, and then the last two rows are just new or back up candles to one day move to my active burn dresser set.  I also have three drawers that I keep such candles in as well.  I truly like having a list of what candles I have in my collection, so I can easily find which ever candle I am wanting.

Here is an example of what one of my list looks like.  
I also just write on each divider what area I have my inventory lists in.  As of now, I have just done my bins and candles.
I also tweaked my some other of my storage areas.  Here are a set of pillows that I put on our downstairs family room couches when my girls are having large sleep overs, so my good ones don't get messed up.  
Here is where I keep our downstairs Christmas tree and other items, in addition to some supplies we use to help us run the apartments.
Next, I have a little spot for our luggage.  I store the smallest suit case inside of the large one, so it takes up less space.  I also keep our packing bags inside the luggage as well.
Here is where I keep my wax supplies for making candles and wax melts, and I am still planning to work on learning how to make bath bombs as well.

This morning I plan to continue to make lists of all of my supplies.   I truly think keeping a Home Inventory System is wise, as you can easily check to see if you have a needed item, at a glance.  I truly think this will help me to stay more organized when it comes to my storage.  If you are someone who stores seasonal home decor, or clothing, this could be nice as well!   Today is the Eclipse, I plan to watch it streamed live, as I don't have glasses.   Have a wonderful week, and thanks for stopping by my little space.  Hugs.  Juli


7 comments:

  1. Hello, Juli!
    I am currently on the couch with coffee, watching the coverage of the eclipse!
    I love your inventory system...
    And I really love your candle collection!
    Have a cozy afternoon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie Jo! I have been in my living room drinking coffee and watching the eclipse too! Very neat stuff! Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of inventorying (is that a word?) everything :). I love that you use stickers and pretty papers to decorate your books, too. I think I found your blog while reading at "if you do stuff, stuff gets done".
    I love to organize and decorate, so your blog is very enjoyable to me. Also, my mom was a born-and-raised Kansas girl from Coffeyville.
    Blessings, Mary in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! I'm so happy to have you visit my little space. I am like you, I love to organize and decorate. I consider it a hobby with benefits. I had a friend who once lived in Coffeyvill back in high school. Hugs. Juli

      Delete
  4. Hi Teri. I work on being organized, but I still will miss place things, or get side tracked and forget things. I just figure I am better off when I try to stay organized than I would be otherwise. LOL Hugs to you Teri. Juli

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing!

    You are a "Goddesssssssss Of Organization"!

    You could give lessons!!!!!

    How wonderful!

    Luna Crone
    {who could use those lessons! :-)}

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute!!! Thank you so much for the kind words. Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete