Tuesday, October 3, 2017

~A Peek Into Our Week~

I have decided to let my Amazon Prime membership go, so before it expired, I watched quite a few episode of I Love Lucy.  I still have my videos of my fireplace and fish tank and such, as I purchased those.  I do love the I Love Lucy videos.  They just truly make me laugh!  If you have access to Amazon Prime, those are ones to add to your watch list!!!
We celebrated my husband, Steven's birthday on Saturday.  Here a photo of the cake I made for him. I used my new cake stand!
I also made him caramel pop corn balls to snack on while he watched the K-State game.  For dinner I made him Chicken Fried Steak with home made gravy and mashed potatoes with corn.   I used my Pioneer Woman Cook Book for the recipe!  I think he enjoyed his special day, and took a much needed day of rest.  
Today I am burning my Berrylicious candle.  I love the way it makes my little kitchen smell so yummy, and looks so cozy!
I used some of the birthday money my parents gave to me to purchase these little coffee wall pictures for my little kitchen.  I found them at Hobby Lobby.  

We had to replace our washing machine.  It would no longer rinse all of the soap out of our clothing.  My husband tried everything to fix it, but it was no use.  We found this machine with the deep fill button, this allows us to be able to almost fill the machine like the ones that were not high efficiency did.  If you are in the market for a new washing machine, I highly recommend getting one with a deep fill button, so that the soap can get dissolved and does not build up over time.   I am hoping this machine will last us a long while.  Our other one lasted only 5-6 years.  
Here is a recipe for Kool-aid Play Dough.  My children used to love this stuff! 

Right now our little home is quiet except for the ticking of the clocks.  I am working on laundry and just enjoying my candles being aglow, as it is a overcast day outside.  It feels warm and cozy inside our little home.   I have been enjoying sipping on my coffee, and during the evenings enjoying my Chamomile tea.  I hope you all are having a nice week.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  Hugs.  Juli


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the playdough recipe. My grands will like it.
    I always enjoy your pretty home photos ♥️🏡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday to your husband!

    I'd say, you treated him like a King, on his day. I'm sure he deserved it.

    I got a pumpkin spice candle and I am enjoying lighting it, this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your pumkin spice candle sounds so nice and cozy fall like! Hugs to you. Juli

      Delete
  3. Hello sweet friend!
    I just love visiting you here.
    I love your cozy home...
    Happy birthday to your husband.
    I'd love to pop in for a piece of that cake!!!
    Have a cozy evening, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Billie Jo! You know if you ever are in Kansas, you need to let me know! Hugs to you! Juli

    ReplyDelete