Monday, December 4, 2017

~A Peek Into Our Weekend~

Saturday evening we put up our Christmas tree.  Megan had a couple of friends over, and they helped us as well.  So, I had five children helping me put up all of the ornaments, it was just such a nice time.

I watched the Charlie Brown Christmas and enjoyed how lovely the tree looked.
My Christmas Mousekins found a home on top of the Hot Chocolate tin!
I lit Merry Marshmallow in our little Kitchen.
A few years ago, Tristyn and Kaylee gave me two Christmas candles from Bath and Body Works.  The one in this photo I only burn a couple of times each Christmas, as it is very special to my heart.  The other one I will wait to burn until this one is gone.  (Which should not be for quite a few years.)
On Sunday afternoon, our tree came crashing down.  I could not believe my eyes when it happened, and all I could think was I hope my special childhood ornaments survived.  Tears welled up in my eyes, but then I thought that I needed to not give into those tears.  Quickly a peace came to my heart, as I know my children are going to learn from how I react to this situation.  (I do not always have that prescience of mind, but this time I did.)  I told them in life things happen that are upsetting, and we can loose things special to us, and that is okay.  I believe that God sometimes allows hardships in our lives that can teach us wisdom as we walk through our journey. We have to count our blessing sometimes very quickly when something happens and remember to keep the big picture in mind. 
This is an ornament that my late Grandma Smith had purchased for me from her friend, Mrs. Jackson when I was a young girl.  I plan to super glue her together and each year when I hang it on my tree, it will serve as a reminder to not let life's little hardships bring me down, and rather to count my blessing.  I think this is going to be what I work on in 2018.  Life is such a journey, full of ups and downs, and hopefully as we go through life's journey, we will learn wisdom, instead of letting it turn us bitter and negative.  So, I have my new years resolution!  I told my husband, we can make due with our little tree, and we can decorate it with the pretty lights and our most special ornaments.    He wanted to go and look through some of his storage items from the apartments to see if there was another tree base that might work.  So off he went.  He came home with a new tree.  He had not found any items that would work, so he went to three different stores and found a tree on sale at Target for $90.99  Even though I felt bad that he spent the money, I was very happy that I would have a nice tree this Christmas, and that I have a husband who loves me so much, he wanted to make me happy.  
Here is our new tree.  It took a lot of time to open each of the branch's but I think it turned out pretty nice.  We put my other tree skirt around it, and even put some tinsel garland ,I had in a bin, on it.   The children helped to decorate the new tree, and it turned out to be a nice time.
I hope you all are having a good Christmas season so far.  Just remember if something goes wrong try not to let it get you down.  I for one have seen many little blessings come from this little mishap.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  I hope you have a good week.  Hugs, Juli

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, Juli!
    What a wonderful lesson you shared here today.
    I am so sorry about your tree.
    But the way you reacted?
    What a wonderful presence of mind you had!
    And your new tree is so beautiful!
    Love your candles...you know that!
    Have a cozy week, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. What a mess. But a good attitude goes along way. In Sweden we have a word for objects that get broken and no longer can be of value it is called Fracca. In other words we put value on material things and then when they break we are crushed. But in reality it was always just an object we could not take with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I'm glad it all worked out in the end for you. I had a tree crash one year too... it had something to do with a little kitten, I think! I'm the same way about my candles... I hate to use them up! lol

    ReplyDelete