Thursday, January 18, 2018

~A Peek Into Our Week~

Our little town was covered in a blanket of snow this weekend.  It was so cozy in our little home.  I had candles aglow, 1940's music playing and of course lots of yummy food to eat.  My friend Angelina came and spent a few days with us.  Megan and Justin have been sick, but I guess it is that time of year and just can't be avoided.  
Here is some homemade pizza cooling on our stove the other day.  I  made a little part into shrimp pizza.  My mom used to make it for me when I was a young girl, it is so good!
I made some face cream.  I am trying to use only natural products, so I am learning to make quite a few things.
Speaking of making natural products, I have a little squirt mop I had purchased at Target.  I use it for every day quick cleaning of my kitchen floor.  I made the solution using my natural spray cleaning recipe.  In case you missed it, it is 3 Tbsp rubbing alcohol, 2.5 Tbsp natural dish soap, water, and for this I just use 30 drops of organic lemon oil.  It works very well, and leaves my kitchen smelling like fresh lemons.  I love it!
Here is Lauren wearing the scarf she made.   Her sweet aunt Lori taught her to make it over Christmas break, and purchased the yarn and needles for her.
I've been melting through some of my Hayden Rowe cotton candy wax!  It smells sweet and yummy.
I made some home made blueberry muffins for breakfast the other morning.
Here are the candle care instructions that I am starting to give to people when I give them one of my handcrafted candles. 
I had to save this photo, it is a bowl that my little brother used to eat out of when he was little.  Not sure if my sister Lori did also, but it sure does bring back memories to see it.
I saw this online, and it made me laugh, because I so very much relate to this.  LOL

I hope you are all having a good week.  It is hard to believe that the weekend is almost here.  I am praying that we get the sickness out of our home soon.  I hate it when we just pass illness from one person to the next.  I do know it is the time of year and am thankful what we have been sick with is pretty mild.  (No high fever or anything.)  It is important to always count your blessings.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  Hugs to you.  Juli 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Juli...
    Your home is always so cozy!
    I hope the sick bug is gone soon, and you are all healthy!!
    Your pizza looks delicious!!!!
    Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to laugh at your candle comment as I have a bad candle habit. My Husbands accused me of spending 100.00 a month on candles. Not true but if I burned as many as I wanted that would be the case. It keeps me out of the bars. :)

    ReplyDelete