Friday, September 21, 2018

~A few things that make my heart thankful~


Today I thought I would do a post on things in my life that I am thankful for.  Books just enhance my life, as they paint a picture in my mind like nothing else but the written word can do.  Here is the book I just finished reading.  My cousin Teri told me about this series of books called Sugarcreek Amish Mysteries.  I loved the first book and am reading the second one now.  They are made by Guidepost.  If you like Amish fiction, you should give these books a read!  
I am thankful for my knit dish cloths.  I purchase them from Etsy, as I do not know how to knit myself.  I have them in aqua and black, and have used them for years now.  They still are as good as new.  
I'm thankful for the little cubbies that are in our home.  I use them mostly to hold shoes, but the top shelf I use for my planners, and it is such a blessing to have a special place to keep them.

I still feel so very blessed to have gotten my birthday dishes a few years ago.  They are pioneer women and they have held up very well over the years.  Of course the fact they are in aqua and red makes my heart very happy!
I am thankful for these little vintage avon lotion jars.  I keep them all over the house and fill them with my favorite hand lotion.  They remind me of my grandma Smith, because she used to purchase these little lotion jars from Avon.  I remember loving looking at them when I would go over to her house.  I love using items that spark those dear childhood memories in my everyday life. 
I love my candles and wax melts.  They are truly one of my favorite hobbies.  Burning a candle gives a feel of instant cozy to any space.  Having the sweet scent of a wax melt that permeates through out my little home, just truly makes my heart happy.

My main planner is such a blessing to my life.  This planner truly helps me to keep on task with my daily to do's, as well as keep my family's schedule.  Each night before I go to bed, I make a list for the next day with everything I need to accomplish and any appointments or tasks that my children have as well.  I like to decorate it for special occasions and just to change up the look. It is totally unnecessary, but it truly gives me joy.
I am thankful for our little house that keeps my family cozy and gives us a place to make memories and just relax and get away from the stress of the world.  
Here is Justin the other night, he is such a loving son.  My family is truly my greatest blessing.
I am thankful for our trampoline.  The children love to spend time out back on it.  Here they are the other night.  Megan was laying down while Lauren and Justin bounced around her so that she would bounce.  Children of all ages have enjoyed this.  Even Tristyn and his wife Kaylee get on it once in a while!
I am thankful for the spirit of Christmas.  I enjoy thinking of all the good childhood memories that this sweet holiday evokes in my heart.  I love Christmas music and truly all things Christmas.  It is no surprise that Jesus birth brings such peace to my soul.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  I hope that you all had a good week and will have a blessed weekend as well.  Hugs.  ~Juli     

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this post. I love all these things too and sometimes we just have to stop and appreciate all the goodness in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Juli,
    I swear we are best friends living miles apart.
    I love your love of home and family and candles and Christmas!
    And I always learn a new tip or two when I visit.
    Have a cozy weekend, sweet friend.
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete