Friday, October 26, 2018

~A Peek Into Our Week~



Last Friday we went to watch the girls dance at our local football game.  They all did such a wonderful job.  The weather was beautiful for a football game, and it was such an amazing game!  We all had a nice time.

We left our little house at 7:30 Saturday morning to go visit my family three hours away.  Our Target has closed down, so we allowed an extra hour so that we could stop by a Target and enjoy ourselves.  Justin was giving Lauren a little hug, so I snapped a photo!  

It always feels so good to pull into my parents drive, and know I'm about to see my family.  I don't get to see them often, so it is always such a treat when I do!
I was so in the moment of getting to see everyone that I forgot to take photos.  I did snap this one of Steven and Lauren with my Mom and little Reese.  My father got a meat smoker and made three wonderful meats.  My favorite was the pulled pork, it was truly the best pulled pork that I've ever tasted!  There was lots of yummy food and wonderful conversation.
Later that evening, Steven and I went to visit my cousin Teri and her husband Bill.  Their little cottage was nothing short of charming.  Teri served me coffee with half & half in a milk glass coffee mug with a red rooster on it.  Steven doesn't drink coffee, so she gave him a ice cold coke in a little glass bottle.  Teri and I had such a nice time visiting as did Steven and Bill. It was such a cozy time!
The next morning, we went to church with my parents, and after the mass was over, my Mom took us by the little church she used to go to as a young girl.  It is now an adoration chapel.  It was built in the late 1800's and was so neat to see.



My mother showed us the photo of her as a young girl that hangs on the wall.  They still have a mass once a month at this little church that my parents attend!

After church we met my sister Lori and Pradeep and Lilah at our favorite donut shop for breakfast. Lori and Pradeep treated us all to breakfast.  My nephew Liam had stayed the night at my parents house, so he joined us all as well!  It was such a wonderful time, and of course the girls were just so happy to hold little Lilah.  Saying she is adored is very accurate! 

Megan and Lauren took turns holding Lilah!
Later that Day my Mom and Lauren and Megan and I went in to town for a little shopping.  Lauren was in need of a sweater for this winter.  We also met my sister Lori and her sweet family at a Home Goods store, and Lori and Megan took a photo together.  Megan looks quite a lot like her aunt Lori, so I always think it is neat to see them side by side.  We just had such a nice time.  Then we headed back to my parents house and ate a little lunch before heading home.  

 I feel blessed to have such a loving family to make special memories with.  Thank you for stopping by my little space, and I hope that you all have a cozy weekend!  Hugs.  ~Juli

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post. I love small old churches like that one. They have such a special spirit about them.

    ReplyDelete