Tuesday, October 9, 2018

~Count Your Blessings~

Today I thought I'd talk about counting your blessings.  When we can focus on the gifts that God has provided for us and foster a heart of thankfulness,  then we can learn to have a spirit of gratitude and peace, and truly this is worth more than any material item that money can buy.
     I  think that so many of us just take a lot for granted.  It is good to remind ourselves often of the gifts in our lives that we forget are gifts, because we just grew up with them.  Some of the gifts that I am referring to are the following...  A place to call home that provides shelter from things such as weather and gives us a place to relax and make memories.  There are many people in this world who do not have such a place.   Climate control such as A/C or heating is a gift and a blessing that so many of us just take for granted.  Good water that we have to drink, bathe and wash dishes with that just is piped right into our homes.  So many in this world do not have such gifts.  Food to eat and a place to store and prepare it is a gift and a blessing that we have come just to expect and not even think about.  Resources such as books to read, that we can use to educate our selves, inspire us, or just take us away to another place or time is a gift that the written word can give to us unlike anything else.  Librarys where we can get our books that we want to read for free is something to be thankful for.   The ability to read is a gift, the education we had growing up that taught us things such as reading, writing and math is a gift we often times just don't even think of.  
     These are just a few examples of items that we have in our lives to be thankful for.  When we can foster a heart of gratitude for the blessings that we sometimes forget to think about,  then our entire mindset can change and we can wake up everyday and put our day to day challenges into a better perspective.   
     I thank you for stopping by my little space, and hope that you all have a blessed week.  Hugs. ~Juli

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and inspiring!
    Have a cozy autumn day, my friend.
    Also, have you ever tried Goose-creek candles?
    Thinking of trying some. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi friend! I have used Goose-Creek's wax melts, but never tried the candles. The scents on the wax melts by Goose-Creek are very nice, the wax is pretty soft in comparison to Yankee's paraffin wax. I am on a candle no buy for now, as I have no more storage for candles until I burn through the ones I have. LOL I think the labels on Goose-Creek are very cute. If you try them email me and let me know what you think as far a the burn goes. Have a cozy day! Hugs

      Delete