Monday, January 14, 2019

~My Grandma Kelly~

This is my grandma Kelly holding my mom when she was a baby.  She was the best grandma anyone could ever ask for, and I will miss her so very much.  She passed away this weekend and I know she is in a much better place now, but I will sure miss seeing her sweet smile.  She always said I was her baby, and always took me under her wing.  She raised five children and was the best homemaker I have ever known.  She was an amazing cook and made homemade meals each and every day.  My grandpa did not make a lot of money, but they were so very good with money that they lived a very nice lifestyle.  My grandpa built their home and my grandma took such good care to keep it organized, neat and tidy.  She was someone that I looked up to and admired.  When I was a little girl, she would have me and my sister and our cousin Kim spend the night at her house.  We had such fun playing make believe in her cute basement and her beautiful backyard.  She always took such good care of anyone who came to her house.  She just went above and beyond in everything she did.  I will forever be thankful that I had her as my grandmother, and I will love her for the rest of my days.  
Here is my Grandma and Grandpa Kelly on their wedding day.  They were a good example of loving each other unconditionally and they shared their lives together until grandpa passed away.  Grandma never stopped missing him, now they are together again.  

Even though today my heart is sad because of my loss, I am very aware that she would not come back for anything now.  She is with Jesus and all of her loved ones who have gone before her.  I will love her and miss her for always.  My heart rejoices knowing that one day I will get to spend eternity with her.  God bless and thank you for stopping by.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

4 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss, but so happy she is with her husband now and her loved ones. No more pain and no more sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. I have been thinking lately how many people have passed in my life and how blessed I was to have known them and how much richer my life has been because they were in it. We know that in this life nothing lasts forever but how wonderful that the Lord has given us memories and the people we love can live on in those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. Your grandma was a beautiful woman. May your memories of her help you through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious tribute and reminder of how happy we will be to be with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete