Friday, March 15, 2019

Just a thought

Today I have been thinking about Simplicity and how important it is in my life.  The older I get, the more that I understand that beauty lies in the simple things.  I used to over complicate almost everything I did, or delt with.  Now,when I plan our family's days, I try to be so very careful not to get too many things going at once.  If I schedule too much at once, instead of enriching our lives, it actually has the opposite effect.  We all need down time to just relax. Sometimes I think our society should put more emphases on down time and less of this go, go, go all of the time.  I think if we did, people would be less stressed out and happier over all. We just had a dinner guest last evening, and I made a simple meal instead of stressing myself out and trying to make too many items.  It was quite good and I was able to enjoy good conversation with out feeling worn out.  I know at times life just gets busy, and there is not much that can be done about that fact.  I do find using my planner to make a daily list, helps to navigate through the busiest of days and keeps them a bit less stressful.  I think planning and simplicity goes hand and hand.  So if you are feeling like your life is just too much a lot of the time, take a moment to look at what you may have going on that can be cut out, or spread out over a longer period of time in order to achieve a more simple life that can lead to less stress and more beauty.  These are just some things I have on my heart right now, and I thought I would share them with you.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  God bless and have a cozy weekend.  Hugs.  ~Juli

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I so want to impress people. Like being myself with my talents aren’t enough.
    We have to be very careful with our money because there’s not as much to go around. Simple helps with that as well.

    ReplyDelete