Friday, April 5, 2019

~A Peek Into My Week~

I've been burning my Peeps candle in our little living room this week.  I love the picture on the front, it just brings back memories from my childhood.
I pulled one of my fall wax melts to melt with my Peeps candle.  This is a wax melt that Justin purchased for me as a birthday gift last year.  It smells so yummy!
I have been making tofu, mushrooms and peppers on rice for my lunch lately.  It is so yummy.
I love that I have these little shelves in my kitchen.  I put my Live Simply sign to help remind me to strive to live a simple life.
I've been keeping cozy in our little living room with a few good books.
My favorite thing to read are these little Sugarcreek Amish Mysteries, I am about done with book five.  I only allow myself to read them now and then so that they are a treat for my spirit and will last longer.  My cousin Teri told me about these little books, and what a blessing it was!
I have been sick so I had not made time to do my devotional and prayer journal, and boy did I notice a difference in my spirits.  I know that drawing close to God through prayer makes such a difference in my life.  
I am so very thankful for these cubbies.  I not only keep our shoes in them, but the top shelf holds my planners, devotionals, Bible and my prayer journal.  
I put together a financial journal for my son Tristyn.  It holds his budget and a calendar and a spending tracker.
This is the app on my phone that I just love.  It not only is my checkbook ledger, but it has a spot for cash, so I can make separate categories with in my checking account for things such as food, spending, takeout and such.  It enables me to have cash envelopes with out actually having to deal with cash, I love it so very much.
I keep my favorite magazine in a little basket in the corner of my living room, so any time I want to flip through one, it is handy.
I love to listen to big band music in our living room, I also have been enjoying harp music as well.

Here I am the other day, I have been pretty sick so this was the first day in a while I actually felt well enough to be up and around.  I sure will be happy when all of these illness are behind us.  Steven and Justin both were sick as well, but they shook it sooner than I was able to.
I love our little Disney room.  It is such a blessing to my heart.
Here is a vintage map from Walt Disney World, back in the 1970's  
There is a channel on YouTube called ResortTV1 that does live stream from the Disney Parks on Friday nights.  I just love watching the Disney World fireworks live in my little Disney room!  I do love technology. 
I am thankful that I am feeling somewhat better.  I still am a little week, and have to rest in between my tasks here at home, but each day I am feeling better.  I need to finish tiding our little house and work on some laundry today.  I also am going to plan our menu for the next couple of weeks and work on getting my food order into Walmart to pick up this weekend.  
  This afternoon, I am going to open our windows and let some of the lovely spring breeze into our little home. It truly is the little things in life that creates beauty, we must sometimes remind ourselves to look at those things with a thankful heart, so we don't miss them. Thank you for stopping by my little space. Have a cozy weekend.  Hugs. ~Juli



1 comment:

  1. I love your shelves!! Also, I love Sugar Creek Mysteries . I have 3 of the books. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete