Friday, April 26, 2019

~Sweet Childhood Memories~

This was my favorite Saturday morning cartoon when I was a little girl.  I used to get up early each and every Saturday so that I wouldn't miss this.  Oh the sweet memories.
Here is a photo of a Big Wheel, my siblings and I had this very one, and we just loved riding it.
These are the mints that my sister Tricia and I would carry in our purse.  They were so tasty.
This is the Hello Kitty comb set that I had.  I loved it so much.
Here is the deodorant that all the girls in the Jr. high locker room used to have.  I always thought the bottles were so cool, they came in an assortment of colors.
Oh the sweet memories of having these cute little ice cream cones on hot summer days.  It is the little things that make life special!
I loved these stickers.  I had a sticker book where I collected cute stickers.  My friends and I would trade them, and I would just spend hours looking at them.  Such special memories.
When I was very young, this used to be my favorite show.  How I loved Sesame Street.  Ernie and Big bird were my favorite characters.
This was the type of school bag I had when I was a little girl.  My friend Stephanie Wilson got me one for my birthday, because I had told her how much I loved hers.
Skating was such a part of my childhood.  We would skate around our block.  We lived close to a church, so we would go there to skate also.  Every now and then we would go to the skating rink to skate, oh such sweet memories.
These were the little bath cubes we would get in our Christmas stockings, long before bath bombs were a thing.
I just loved all things muppets.  We had these cups when I was a little girl.  I now have three of these cups that I still use.  They were such good quality that they still look as good as new.  
These are the little cups my sister and I used to drink our orange juice from.
My sister Tricia and I had these little dolls.  I had the one with dark hair (Shelly) and Tricia had the one with blonde hair. (Sandy)
Oh the memories of the wonderful smell of this.  We would lay out in our yards to try and get a tan with our boom box playing music.  Good memories.
My grandma Kelly would take my sister, my cousin and I to a little grocery store down town and she would treat us to candy necklaces.  Oh how I loved them. 

Our mother would read us this book sometimes before bed.  I loved when she would read to us, or tell us a story.  We were so blessed to have a mother who loved us and spent time with us.  I know that not everyone was so lucky, so I pray often for those children who may not have such a nice childhood.  My favorite quote is be the change you want to see in the world.  So I always try to give my children and any children who visit my home good childhood memories. They last a life time, and we don't want to miss the opportunity to make those memories.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  I hope you have a cozy weekend.  Hugs ~Juli 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!
    I am saying YES YES YES to every one!
    I totally LOVED those little mermaids....
    You took me right back to my childhood, my sweet friend.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete