Thursday, May 16, 2019

Just a Thought

Today I wanted to share some things that have been on my mind this week, I have been thinking about character and it's growth as we go on our life's journey.  Our character is so very important and it is something we must work on throughout our life. As we age our outer beauty will surly fade, but that inner beauty is what will last.  In order to grow our character qualities we must first be willing to take off the rose colored glasses and take a good look at our hearts and actions, so that we can see where we need improvement.  This sometimes can be a painful process.  When I do this for myself, I don't beat myself up because there is an area in my spirit that needs growth, rather, I try to approach it with self love and grace to understand that I am just human and must treat my own spirit with the genteelness I would treat others with. When we can identify an area that needs work, then we can roll up our sleeves and take the well spent time to handle it. I always think the first place to start is through prayer.  We can ask God to help us to be more pleasing to him and give us his help to grow our character.  Then try hard not to continue the action, but know that we need to be patient with ourselves as much as if we were dealing with a child who is still learning and makes mistakes.  Because after all we are still children in the eyes of God, no matter how old we become.  This is just what has been on my heart this week.  I hope you are all having a good week.  Thank you for taking time to stop by my little space.  Hugs.  ~Juli

1 comment: