Wednesday, July 31, 2019

~A Peek Into Our Summer~

We celebrated a simple, but very nice 4th of July.  Each year we watch our towns fire works display from our back yard while eating Drumsticks ice cream cones.  It is a simple tradition that we look forward to every 4th of July.
I decorated my planner for summer complete with fireworks and an ice cream truck.  I have such good childhood memories of the sound of the music the ice cream truck would play as it came down our little block.  Once in a blue moon my Mom would give us a little money to enjoy ice cream from the truck, but most of the time she would get into her own freezer and give us a fudge pop when he would visit.  Oh the sweet memories.
Tristyn turned 23 this summer.  We enjoyed going to one of his favorite restaurants to eat. I just love him so much, and he will always be my baby no matter how old he gets. 
Megan turned sweet 16 this summer.  Steven took her and a few of her close friends to a large shopping mall and to eat lunch.  They all had a very nice time. I just love her and am so glad to be her Mommy.
Lauren's softball team took 3rd at State!
Steven surprised me with this mug that I had seen and admired in a little shop. I had not purchased it and had wished I had. Steven drove out of town one morning to surprise me with it!  I love it so much, because it is truly so important to remember to count your blessings.  That message is so very dear to my heart.
Speaking of counting your blessings, I even have a page of my prayer journal that says Thank you God for: and then I have quite a list of blessings that I like to look at when life gets hard.
We went to visit family just a couple of weekends ago.  My cousin Teri and I enjoyed lunch and a little shopping at Hobby Lobby.  What a blessing it was. She and I just have so very much in common, and she is not only my cousin, but my dear friend as well. I just love her so very much.
We got to spend time with my family this summer also.  My parents hosted a dinner for my our entire family complete with the best pulled pork that my father makes, and some delicious cherry cobbler that my mom made from cherry's off of their tree! I just love and miss them all, and I'm thankful for the time I get to share with them. Lauren stayed for a couple of weeks with her grandpa and grandma as they are very close.

We went to the Russell Stover store and purchased some treats to take home with us.  These strawberries reminded me of my Grandpa and Grandma Smith who used to have these in candy dishes. Lauren got a bag of jelly beans for her candy collection. She likes to have a few treats on hand to enjoy every once in a while.
We have had such a nice summer, and it has just gone by so fast.  I have missed doing my blog, and I am so happy to be back to it.  I hope you all had a nice summer as well.  Thank you for stopping by my little space. Hugs to you.  ~Juli

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sweet Friend!

    What a lovely summer you enjoyed with your beautiful family.
    Time does pass quickly, doesn't it?
    You know my love of autumn is very strong, but I hope to enjoy August in preparation and anticipation. Enjoy! So happy to see you back here!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete