Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Focus on Blessings

Today I would like to share a little something that has been on my heart this week, that is keeping our focus on our blessings.  On this journey of life we all have hard times and bad things that happen, it is part of life.  It is important to acknowledge the hard things, and let ourselves feel the feelings that they bring, but then we should shift our focus on to our blessings.  Nothing breeds a heart of gratitude better than focusing on the blessings in our life.  Focusing on all the love we have been given through out our lives and treasuring memories of the past while making new memories in the present. I was just talking with my son Justin last evening about shifting our focus on our blessings instead of our hardships.  I showed him my list of things in my life that I am thankful for.  Some of which are big things such as God's love and my family and others are small things such as my glasses and my favorite pens.  I like having a list ready to look at, so when I am feeling a bit down, I can easily look at my blessings and shift my focus back to them.  That is just what I have been thinking about this week.  I hope you all are having a cozy week.  Thank you for stopping by my space.  Hugs to you. ~Juli

3 comments:

  1. You always bring such thoughtful things to my mind, dear friend.
    Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Every day should be Thanksgiving day.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in December, 2003, my husband was 6 months in to what turned out to be 25 months of unemployment. It was during that difficult time that the Lord promlted me to start a blessing book. In the midst of what I considered bleak times, I looked around and saw how blessed I was.

    ReplyDelete