Thursday, November 7, 2019

~A Peek Into Our Weeks

Lauren stopped by one of her favorite teacher's house on Halloween.  
Megan and her friends dressed up for Halloween and had a sleep over at our house.
Justin went trick or treating.
My parents just got back from a trip to Florida.  Here is a beautiful photo that my mother sent to me.
Here is a little book I like to read from time to time.  It was written back in the 1930's.  I really like it because now days it is hard to find anything like it.  I believe that we should put effort into our marriages.  Now days it seems everyone is talking about what they expect their spouse to do for them, I think it is nice to shift our focus on what we can do to be good to our husbands. 
I have my Christmas countdown going.  It tells how many days, hours and minutes until Christmas arrives!
Lauren and I went shopping for her upcoming birhday!  It was nice getting to spend the afternoon together.
Megan and I have spent some time on little out and about too!  I am just savoring the time I still am blessed to have before my children grow up.
When my parents were up for a visit my mother brought sweet potatos from their garden for me to try.  I thought I would not like them, but they are so very good.  You just wrap them in tin foil, pierce them with a fork and bake on 425 for one hour.  Remove skin, mash and add butter.  They are so very delicious!
I saw this and thought it was very good.  Forgiving people simply means letting go of anger and bitterness towards them, we don't have to let them be a part of our lives in order to forgive them. Some people just don't act kindly, and it is okay to forgive them, but at the same time set boundries on how close you want to be with them. It is good to let go of past wrongs so that we can have God's peace in our days.
I have been working on our Christmas binder.  It contains our budget and I keep track of what we have already spent and what is left in each category in our budget.  I also have a Christmas bucket list.  We are keeping Christmas very simple this year.  We will just be staying home and celebrating with our little family on Christmas day. Of course I have planned some family outings for us to do together leading up to Christmas day. I plan to use the 24th to do a lot of baking in preparation of our Christmas meal. I plan our Christmas meal in my little binder as well!
I have been making a lot of comfort foods for these cold fall days we are having.
When it gets chilly outside, it just makes me so very thankful for the warmth and cozy feeling our little home provides.
I love to turn on my twinkle lights in our little kitchen.
This is the photo I am using for my phone's screen saver right now.  I love all things Disney.  I want to thank each one of you who stops by my little space.  I hope you all have a cozy week and enjoy November.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli 


No comments:

Post a Comment