Saturday, February 22, 2020

~A Peek Into Our Weeks

Our little town has been transformed into a winter wonderland a couple of times as of lately.  On days such as these, my heart is extra thankful for the warmth that our little house provides us.
On cold winter days, I like to put on my warmest flannel night gown and pull out my purple knit shawl.  It makes my heart happy to wear this shawl, as it reminds me of a time gone by.  
 It makes my heart happy to just relax a bit and do something I enjoy, such as watch YouTube videos on candles, or listen to music from the 1930's. 

I love the way fruit looks in our fruit bowl.  It is such a blessing to live in a time when we can have fresh fruit all year long.
This is my little drawer in our Disney room.  We have locks on our bedroom doors, so the set of keys is for each room. They are different colors so that I know which key goes with which door.
I love my little pill case.  It has a raised image of Walt Disney with Mickey on it.  Inside I keep my daily multi vitamins.  I can tell a difference in my energy level on the days I forget to take one.
This is also something I keep in my little drawer.  It is called Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask.  I have been using it for about a year now and simply love it.  I actually just use it like a lip balm.  It keeps my lips very soft.  
I had a relaxing Friday evening.  I took a warm shower and then painted my toe nails and finger nails.  I don't do this all the time, but it is a special little thing I like to do for myself now and then.  I read a book for a bit and also watched some relaxing YouTube videos. My husband was enjoying watching one of his favorite shows called Gold Rush that airs on Friday evenings.  
I decorated my planner for spring last week.  I know it's early, but it is nice to look forward to the things to come. This spring we are going to visit my family and I am very much looking forward to that little trip.
I saw this at Hobby Lobby and had to snap a photo of it.  When we put our trust in God and his will for our lives then it helps to let go of the worry that we have.  Faith is such a gift to my life and one that I don't take for granted.  
I simply love this quote from Walt Disney.  I like to try to foster a child like view of my daily life.  Looking at the simple little things and seeing there beauty.  
Thank you for stopping by my little space.  I hope you all are able to have some cozy time this week and just do a little simple something that makes your heart happy.  Hugs to you. ~Juli 


No comments:

Post a Comment