Wednesday, March 4, 2020

~The Art Of Cozy

Today I want to talk about how important it is to take some time every now and then, to just relax.  Our lives can just get so busy and I find it is essential for my spirit to just take a day or two simply devoted to cozy time. This does not mean that I can do nothing all day, as we all have work that must get done. Sometimes if life is too busy we may only be able to take an hour, but regardless of how much time we can devote to the art of cozy, it refreshes the soul.  We each have different things that nourish our spirits and today I am going to share a few of mine.  I should start by saying that I like to have a neat and tidy house before I start my cozy time.  This allows my mind to not feel as if I should be doing something else, although if I am sick or a having a down day, this is not always possible. Here are a few things that I enjoy doing to relax and unwind.
~I enjoy a cup of coffee or chamomile tea, just something warm in a cute mug.
~I enjoy doing my devotional and reading my Bible.
~I spend time in prayer.  I truly enjoy my prayer journal where I have people listed that I pray for.  It connects my heart to them and just brings me joy.  
~I say the rosary and dedicate a decade to each of my family members.
~I love to light a candle and melt a wonderful smelling wax melt.
~I enjoy watching YouTube videos
~I enjoy organizing spaces in my house and decluttering. (I know that may sound strange, but I truly love doing this.)
~I like to read a good book, my favorite ones are Amish fiction.
~I love putting on one of my cozy flannel nightgowns from LLBean.  I am so thankful to my sister Lori for giving me my first one years ago, little did she know how much I would adore these.
~I love writing my blog and visiting a few as well.
~I love sending birthday cards to my loved ones.
~I love listening to music such as big band, harp music or music from eras gone by. This is fun to do while I clean my house as well!
~Some days when my energy is just gone, I love going into our little Disney room and turning on twinkle lights, lighting a candle and just watching a movie while snuggling under the covers and just letting myself relax and rest.

These are just a few of the things I enjoy doing during time that I dedicate to the art of cozy.  I thank you for stopping by my little space and I hope that you all can find a little time to do the things that bring you peace in your heart and mind.  Hugs to you. ~Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment