Friday, May 15, 2020

~Contentment



Today I would like to talk about something that is on my heart, that being contentment.   When I reflect on my life, I can truly say that I have contentment.  I want to point out that there is a difference between contentment and happiness.  I see happiness as more of an emotion that can change from day to day, where contentment is more a state of being.  I can honestly say that my simple little life gives me lasting contentment and even during times that are hard, my heart is content.  This was not always the case for me.  As my faith in God grew stronger, I began to see all of the many blessings He has given to me in my life.  When we look upon our blessings instead of our hardships, I truly believe our hearts become content.  
I have a list in my notebook of all the blessings in my life.  Some blessing are huge like a loving long lasting marriage and my children and family, and others are things such as my glasses and my favorite pens.   Having a list such as this refreshes my spirit if ever I am having a hard day.  If you do not have a list of things in your life that you are grateful for, may I suggest that you take the time to make one, it is just good for the soul to count your blessings.  
I hope you are all doing well.  I have been enjoying spending time with my family.  We celebrated Justin's 14th birthday.  It was such a nice day.  One of Justin's gifts was a bike.  Steven had a bike that one of his former tenants had left behind years ago but it needed a new tire.  Steven went and purchased one and put it on, and surprised Justin.  
I had considered taking a break from my blog for the summer as I did last year, but have decided not to take such a break from my blog.  I want to thank you for stopping by my little space.  Hugs to you and God bless.  ~Juli


1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad you are back!! I’ve checked in every day to see if you’re here. Your post are sooo helpful to me. I love the feeling of contentment. It is honestly priceless. Bye Juli! Happy weekend. ❤️

    ReplyDelete