Wednesday, June 10, 2020

~A Peek Into Childhood Memories

As a child one of my favorite things were  the Christmas catalogs.  I just loved looking at all the wonderful toys there were.  I spent hours and hours just looking through them. Such good memories. 
I loved receiving a letter in the mail box.  I would keep them and look at them from time to time.  I actually still do this with special mail I receive.
I remember how much I loved this nail polish.  I almost almost always kept my nail painted.
I thought caller ID was the coolest invention ever!
Ever now and then my parents would get us a McDonald's Sunday.  They treated my daughter Lauren to one when she went on her trip with them to Florida.  So now Lauren enjoys getting a Sunday every now and then too!
I thought Pac Man was the coolest game.  I never was very good at it but I loved the music it would play and the cute little ghosts and fruits in the game.
I always loved figurines and I had a few special ones that made my heart happy.
My aunt T-D always had Jean Nate bath splash in her bathroom.  I actually have a bottle in my childhood memories closet and when I smell it, it transports my memories back to aunt T-D's house all those years ago.  It is amazing how scent can evoke such strong memories.  
When I was a little girl, my parents would take us all for rides in our station wagon after dinner.  Looking back at those simple days just makes my heart happy, and makes me want to strive to live a simple life myself.

My sister's and I were talking not too long ago about childhood memories and we were talking about when our father brought us home this perfume after he went on a business trip.
When I was a teen, I loved using this face lotion, I still remember the smell and the pretty pink color.
I remember when we would go on vacation during my childhood, and hotel keys looked like this!
When life gets complicated such as our world is today, I love to look back on a time in my life when things were simple. I truly believe that it is in the simple little happenings of our daily life where true joy can be found.  I thank you for stopping by my space.  I hope you all have a cozy rest of your week!  Hugs. ~Juli

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!
    I remember so very many of these things!!!!
    Thank you for the trip down memory lane, my friend.
    I can still remember how exciting it was to get a sundae at McDonalds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I needed this so very much this morning.
    It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete