Thursday, July 30, 2020

~Self Care



I want to talk today about self care.  I have been taking a little extra time to tend to self care as of lately.   I have been painting my nails because seeing them baby pink just makes me happy!  It is a little thing but it truly lifts my spirits.  I have not been very good about doing little things just for me, but now more than ever I find it a joy to make time for.  I have put together a little drawer where I keep my skin care.  I have a variety of lotions and tonics that just make me feel good when I use them.  I do not spend a lot of money on my skin care but I truly love the ritual of having a skin care routine.  I use a very mild cleanser that I keep in my bathroom and I keep a special one in my drawer in case of a break out.  I also keep a bottle of Calamine lotion to put on a break out over night.  I like to use argon oil in my hair, so I keep a bottle of that on hand as well.  I use Oil of Olay around my eyes and I like to use Ponds lotion on my neck, arms and legs along with Johnson's baby lotion.  I like to use rosewater on my face often to help keep my skin feeling refreshed and it helps with redness.  All of my little lotions and tonics just make me happy to use.  It also makes me feel special to tend to my nightly skin care routine.  When I was younger one of my favorite things to do was go to the library and check out books on beauty and self care.  As I got busy raising my children it was very rare for me to take the time for self care.  Now I am in a different season of life where I have some time for my interests once again.  I find it fun to add new hobbies into my life.  In these times where life tends to be a bit stressful, I think just taking time to care for ourselves is such a blessing.  I found it fun to organize a little beauty drawer just for me!  I thought I would share this with you in case it may be something you would like to incorporate into your life as well.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful thing to do!!!!

    We all could use a lot of self care, at any time, but especially at this time... Of Wuhan Virus and mayhem in city streets.

    Every bit of self love we can show ourselves, has to be good for our mental and bodily health.

    Enjoy!

    🐝"Miss BB"🐝

    ReplyDelete