Thursday, September 10, 2020

~Thoughts from my heart


 Today I would just like to share some things that are on my heart.  I have been thinking of happiness and how we can keep our inner candle burning brightly despite the troubles going on in this world.  I think first and foremost it is important to understand that the only thing in this life we can truly control is our own hearts.  In today's times, life sometimes just seems to spiral in directions that are just a bit out of control.  I have found that by slowing down our pace of life, this helps me to appreciate the little things that truly add beauty to our days.  I find it a lot easier to have a simple life when we let go of clutter.  Having a home that is truly intentional with the items we allow to take up valuable space in our homes is very important.  I even like the cabinets, and drawers and closet space to be organized and not a jumbled mess.  Having our homes organized and decluttered helps us to not feel so overwhelmed and fosters a happy spirit. It also makes caring for our homes daily a pleasure.  When everything has a home it is easy to tidy and is even fun.  I have three children living at home, and our house gets untidy pretty much every evening.  I find it is kind of like putting a puzzle together when I tidy, and very satisfying when it is done.  Our homes are our havens from the harsh outside world, so it is important how we care for them.  Our homes need not be grand, just a place where we can truly relax and share moments with our loved ones.  When we only allow the things we use or love to reside in our homes, we do not have clutter that just takes away from a cozy home.  When we care for the things we own, it truly feels right.  Now days we live in such a disposable society that things don't feel as special as they did in years past.  We don't have to live a fast paced life where there is little time to enjoy our loved ones and our homes. I like to think back to my childhood days when life was a bit slower paced and there was time for coziness, this inspires me to bring this into my family's life and jump off this fast paced bandwagon that so many of us get caught up in. So despite the craziness of this world we live in, we do have control of how we live in our own homes.  When we can understand this, it truly helps to foster a happy heart.  This is just what is on my mind today.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

2 comments:

  1. Juli.
    This is everything.
    You wrote such beautiful thoughts here and expressed them perfectly.
    I too strive to bring peace and calm to our home. I want it to be a safe place for my family to return to each day. I feel blessed I can do that. And I know you do too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, Juli. It is nice to read such calming, practical words in these chaotic times...and actually DOING something for our little pieces of the world is very therapeutic. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    Jen in NS

    ReplyDelete