Wednesday, May 26, 2021

~A Peek Into Our Week


 All is quiet in our little house this morning, as the children are still asleep.  I enjoy lighting my oil lamp and having some time to read in the morning.  I was so very excited because when my husband and I were on our out and about, we found four of the Sugar Creek Amish Mystery books that I needed.  Now I only need the last five and I will have the complete series in my home library.  What a blessing!
Also when we were thrifting, I found this handmade wall hanging.  I just love the cozy feel it adds to our little living room.
I had some left over whip cream from a strawberry pie that I had made, so I saved it and used it to top a cup of hot cocoa, what a cozy treat!  This is the mug that Lauren got me when we were at the Disney store in Branson, Mo last summer.
Here is a photo I snapped yesterday, I thought it was kind of comical that I matched the chair.  LOL
Here is my Disney guest room, and also my little sanctuary.  This is where I go to unwind and just nourish my spirit.  It is nice to have a little cozy place in our home that just makes my heart happy.  When I was a young child we lived a couple of years in Orlando, Fl. so Disney was a part of my childhood memories that I hold quite dear.
As I sit at my computer this morning, my thoughts are on counting my blessings.  The things that are dear in my heart are the simple things in life.  Moments spent with my loved ones, my morning cup of coffee, a cup of hot tea, my books, my favorite writing pens, my home journal, my planner, electricity, water, my laundry machines and so on.  I have a list inside of my home journal where I have listed all of the  simple things that I deem blessings.  It helps me to keep my heart focused on my blessings and makes me a content and happy person.  If you have never tried to list out all of the blessings in your life, I truly suggest that you give it a try.  
Thank you for taking the time to visit my little space.  I hope you are having a good week.  May God bless you and keep you in his loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

4 comments:

  1. Juli, so nice to see a picture of you my beautiful friend!
    And to spend time with you here.
    It is such a joy to visit and feel the coziness right through the screen. Have a lovely evening. Rainy here, but I hear the birds chirping away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good reminder of how blessed we are in this
    Country. I think of how hard life was for our grandmothers. No washers,dryers, microwaves or electric ovens!!! I always enjoy a visit to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wall hanging is super cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so refreshing to do this. I say a prayer of thanksgiving before my feet hit the floor and continue all day. I try to write out my prayers a few times a month I love it- hand cramps and all lol i think of it as writing a letter to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete