Tuesday, June 22, 2021

A Thought On My Heart


 Today I would like to share what is on my heart and that is to be gentle with our spirits.  It is as important to be kind to ourselves with our inner dialogue as it is in how we talk to others.  Yet so often we treat ourselves in a way we would never dream of treating another person.  Over the years I have had to learn to be gentle with myself, and am still working on this.  When I make a mistake instead of beating myself up about it, I try to learn from it and then forgive myself.  I have told my daughters they should learn to be their own best friends.  We should learn to care for our inner spirits and make time to nourish and enjoy the things in life that bring us joy.  Please don't mistake what I am saying as the "do what ever feels good"movement in our society. I believe that God wants us to have a servants heart and care for those that he has entrusted us with, but I also believe that we must care for our selves as well.  So the next time you make a mistake, say the wrong thing or something of the sort,  don't beat yourself up, apologize if necessary and then allow yourself the grace of being human.  

     This is just what is on my heart and I thought I would share it.  I thank you for stopping by my space and I hope you are having a good summer.  God bless you and keep you in his loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

2 comments:

  1. Juli, Yes... How I wish I could remember to do this. I am so so hard on my own self. This is a great reminder to be quiet in our spheres of influence, including ourselves! Thank you so much for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! took so long to learn this but it makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete