Friday, December 31, 2021

~What is on my heart


 Today I thought I would share what is on my heart.  I have been reflecting on the events of 2021 in my life.  I do this every year at this time, and I think of how I might want to grow in the new year and I make resolutions that I think will help me to accomplish this growth.  My main resolution this year is to be more pleasing to Christ.  I truly want to try each day to bring glory to Him.  I hope to be pleasing to him in my thoughts, my words, and my actions.  I am far from a perfect person so I am very thankful to God's grace when I fail in one of these areas, but like a child who is just learning to ride a bike and falls, I will simply get back up and try to do better when I fail to be pleasing to God.  

I hope to turn every area of my life to God.  When I do my simple work of caring for our home in the daily tidy, or cleaning, I hope to do it not for vanity of a life well lived, but for service to my family and those who visit our little house, that they may feel comfort and love and a safe haven to escape to a place of peace when this world gets harsh.  Colossians 3:23 says, And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord.  This is my resolution for 2022.  I know already that there will be days when I fall short of this goal, but I will simply continue trying to do my best, knowing that my best can change from day to day based on circumstances.  There fore I will give myself grace to fall short at times, but will not loose heart in trying to live my days for God's purposes to serve Him and those he brings into my life.

I hope you have a cozy day and I thank you for stopping by my blog.  God bless you and keep you in his loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

5 comments:

  1. Hello friend! I hope you had a Merry Christmas season. I love your goal of growing closer to our Lord. It is mine as well. My goal this year is to grow quieter and Meeker. There are so many scripture's about quietness and meekness and it really is my greatest downfall. I despise my own tongue! My goal this year is to be quiet! Pray for me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It is so important in these uncertain times, that home be a respite for our family.
    A pile of well loved books,a warm throw blanket and a pot of tea. A plate of home baked cookies,scenting the house. All simple things that add warmth and comfort. You don't need a lot of money,just a thoughtful heart.
    Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juli, your words are so beautiful. Thank you for being a kindred spirit here. Happy and Blessed New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord bless you and your readers, Juli. I agree with you.✝️🛐
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so true and the verse changed my life. of course I still struggle from time to time mostly because of aches and pains but thankfully the Holy Spirit whispers this verse to keep me on track. and I have learned to give my self grace when my back is acting up, its ok to rest.

    ReplyDelete