Saturday, December 11, 2021

~A Peek Into Our Weeks

We put up our Christmas tree.  When I was a child my parents would get us a new ornament every year, and then when we moved out, we took all of our ornaments to enjoy on our own trees.  I have passed this tradition on to my children.  My daughter Lauren was married, and so this year, she took all of her ornaments to adorn her and her husband's tree this year.  
I like to drink out of this little vintage mug from time to time, because it reminds me of my dear cousin Teri.  These are the sweet little mugs that she serves coffee in at her little cottage.
I did not decorate too extravagantly this year, but this is one of the little extra Christmas touches that I added to our little kitchen.
Here are my favorite magnets.  The little owl had belonged to my sweet grandma Kelly.  I always saw it on her refrigerator in my youth.  I just love and miss her so very much.
I enjoy seeing my little shelves in my kitchen aglow with the lights.  I keep these little Christmas touches up all year long.  I love to keep the spirit of Christmas alive in our home always.  One of my favorite childhood songs is keep Christmas with you all through the year.  It was in the show I used to watch as a child called Christmas eve on Sesame Street
I got some new Deerfoam slippers for this winter.  I just love them.
Here is a set of vintage snow men that my mother gave to me.  They used to be a staple in my childhood home each Christmas.

 I enjoy having pretty scenes on my TV with Christmas jazz music.  I find these on YouTube.
Here is my sweet kitty Hope.  Hope loves to lay under the Christmas tree.  My daughter Megan did a photo shoot with her last evening.  

I want to thank you for stopping by my little space.  I hope you are having a good Christmas season and are keeping cozy.  God bless you and hugs to you.  ~Juli

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully this comment will get thru~
    Merry Christmas to you, Juli. I do so enjoy your blog. You like vintage, homey touches like I do - they give so much comfort.
    I hope your chest is healing from the inflammation of that blasted 🦠 virus.
    Bet it was bittersweet having your daughter take her Christmas ornaments on to her new life. Congratulations to them.
    Every year when I take out our Nativity set, I’m amazed they’ve survived and so grateful. I can remember my mother entrusting me with setting up the same creatures and the Holy family, etc when I was a little girl...over 50years ago. Am I that old?! 😝
    Your kitty is so sweet, resting under the tree.
    I like your slippers.
    Keep warm and safe. So glad you keep close to Jesus....this life is just too hard w/o Him.
    Mary in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juli! Your home is decorated beautifully for Christmas! I love it all. And you know, I know that song! My kids used to watch it on a vcr tape when they were little. I sing it to them every year after Christmas. How are you doing with your daughter having her own home at Christmas this year? We do the same with ornaments, and as happy as I am for Peyton, I cried after she left with her box of ornaments. I miss her so! Thanks for always sharing your cozy world, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your home looks lovely, those teas you have are some of my faves. I love that you have your grandmas old magnet on your fridge that is so very special.

    ReplyDelete