Friday, September 11, 2026

~A Thought On My Heart


 Today I thought I would share what is on my heart.  The other day when I was reading my Bible, I was reading about how a servant of the King owed him money, and how when he begged for more time to pay it, the king showed him mercy and allowed him more time.  However the same servant who was shown mercy demanded payment by another who owed him money, and when he begged for more time to pay it, instead of showing him mercy, he had him thrown in jail.  The king heard of this and with drew his mercy and had the servant thrown in jail.  

I believe that because we are all sinners and because we are given the forgiveness of sin by the grace of God through what Jesus did for us on the cross, He expects nothing less than for us to show mercy on our brothers and sisters.  We should hate the sin but love the sinner.  We should be quick to forgive others when they hurt us, just as God has forgiven us many times in our lives.  It even says in the Our Father, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.  To me it doesn't get more clear than that.  God forgives our sins but also expects for us to show forgiveness and mercy to other sinners.  That is pretty important, we must remember to pray that the Lord will give us a heart that can love like Jesus loves, and forgive like Jesus forgives.   

So when someone hurts us we should forgive and keep moving forward with the work the Lord puts in our life.  I heard it said once that the devil does not need us to act like the sinners, just to get us to take our focus off of Jesus and look at all of the storms he is creating all around us.  Then we are less useful to the kingdom of God during our time on Earth.  

If someone is being abusive to you may need to cut off access for them in your life, but even is such cases we need to pray and ask God to help bring forth  forgiveness for them in our hearts.  It is between them and God.

This is the thought that has been on my heart today, and I thought I would share it in case it may be helpful to someone.  

God bless you and keep you in His loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

I want to apologize for the font in this post, I am not very savvy when it comes to things such as this, and do not know how to correct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment