Wednesday, October 7, 2026

~ A Thought On My Heart

Today I was reading in my Bible about how as followers of Jesus we are to be the salt of the Earth.  I never had truly understood just what this meant.  It talks about how if salt looses it's flavor then it is no longer able to be used for any purpose and must be thrown out. Today it struck me on a deeper level when I read about this once again, and I have been pondering on it. 
As God's children, during our time here on this Earth, I believe we are to do His will for our life, what ever that may be. 
If we are only living for ourselves and never giving thought of what the Lord would have us do for Him, then are we able to serve the purpose the Lord has for our life?  If we are not willing to look beyond our selves and strive to make each day a day where we serve the Lord and others, then are we not like the salt that has lost it's purpose?  
I think we may feel a bit overwhelmed when we think of God's purpose for our lives, but it may not look grand, but rather it may be found in the everyday moments of our lives.  When we have a servant's heart and do all our daily things as to the Lord, such as, wiping a child's tear, making a meal, spreading kindness, all the things that may seem little to us now, may not be so little in the eyes of God.  
So as I go about my day today, I plan to do all that I do as a homemaker, a wife, a mom, a grandma and such,  for my sweet Lord, and hope that my day can be a continual prayer to Him.  

This was just a thought on my heart today.  I want to thank you for taking your time to stop by my little space.  God bless you and keep you in His loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli
 

No comments:

Post a Comment