Tuesday, October 18, 2022

~A Little Thought in my Heart


   It is hard not to notice the increased prices in almost all areas in our world today.  I would like to share my thoughts that are on my heart.  Years ago people did not spend as they do today.  A simple budget did not have all the bells and whistles that so many of us have today.  In my grandparents day, they knew not to waste money on things that were not needed and they knew how to save money for a rainy day.  Our society has become a disposable society, one where we upgrade even if the original item is still working fine.  Many of us purchase clothing on a regular basis and other items to make us happy.  I have done all of that, but I have been working on myself to change how I see and use money, and this is what I would like to discuss here today.
When we can shift our focus on what makes us happy this will help us not to be so wasteful with money.  We can focus on our Faith in God and our family rather than on shopping for things we simply don't need.  I pray for myself that I continue to not seek after Earthly treasures but instead have a heart that is content with seeking Gods kingdom and appreciating all the blessings we already have.  I feel that when we have a thankful heart we can learn to be content with less than what perhaps the world around us deems as normal spending.  When we have a global view on our blessings it is easy to see that even what we consider to be basic is quite extravagant when we look at other places in this world.  So I will use the way the world is today with rising costs to motivate me all the more to live a more old fashioned life where consumerism does not become my joy but instead let my faith and family be where my joy comes from.  I will enjoy my hobbies that do not involve purchasing new things.  Hobbies such as reading, journaling, working on myself so that I can use the resources that have been entrusted to our family in a way that is pleasing to God.  
So I hope that what I have shared today can inspire and give you hope to change how we use our money and foster a heart of contentment for just the necessities in life and the many luxuries that we already have.  Thank you for stopping by my space.  I hope you have a cozy week.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli



2 comments:

  1. Oh Juli. This is so wonderful to read and write on the walls of my heart. I have so many areas where I can cut back and do better. This is why I love your blog so much. You encourage me to do better! I love your sweet spirit, and OH how I wish you were closer. Be blessed! ♥

    ReplyDelete