Monday, June 5, 2023

~A Little Thought In My Heart


 Today I was reflecting on times gone by.  I enjoy thinking of days of old, when life was different than it is today.  Times when pioneers had to possess skills that helped them to have food and clothing and live without running water or electricity.  I am thankful to books that were written about those days and how things used to be.  I am thankful that I live in a time where I can have climate control and running water, but I can't help but feel as if we are missing something in our currant day.  
I like to think about times when people didn't have as many luxuries, but what they had was truly special to them and they took good care of what they owned.  It makes me sad to see how much of a disposable society we live in.  So, I try to foster within myself a spirit that is thankful to our Lord for my many blessings.  I try to curate in our little home items that are special to our hearts and make for a cozy feel for myself and my family.  I have no desire to live in a fashion where I have more excess than I know what to do with.  I want a heart that is content with the simple joys this life can bring.  
Today I am thinking of how blessed I am to have a God who loves me.  I am thankful for my family and my friends who mean so much to my heart.  I find when I take the time to think of all my many blessings I have a heart that is truly content and at peace.  
I want to thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you have a cozy day.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

2 comments:

  1. A thoughtful post.
    We all need to be mindful of all we are blessed with.
    It's the small things,hot cup of tea and a good book.
    A morning watching the birds in my garden. The delicious smell of bread baking iny kitchen.
    The love of our families.

    ReplyDelete