Thursday, June 8, 2023

~A Thought On My Heart


 Today I would like to share a thought on my heart and that is that we should take care of the items we have in our home.  I remember long ago when I was in Junior high gym class and there was a girl who always carefully folded her clothing before putting it in her bin, while the rest of us  carelessly tossed our clothes into the bin.  This left a lasting impression on me and led me to want to care for the things I owned.  

As I have talked about before that we live in a somewhat disposable society and I want to fight against this habit in my own life.  One way that I do this is by having anything that comes into our home have a place so that it does not become clutter.  I am far from a minimalist so I have learned to create homes for my things.  I use bins for under bed storage of my planner supplies and things of that nature.  They are easy to access when I need something, and I know what each bin contains.  I also use bins down stairs to hold holiday decorations and random items I want to have on hand.

I truly feel that when everything has a home and not shoved in a pile in a closet (that we don't even know what all is there), then we can enjoy all of the abundance we have in our lives.  When I personally care for what I have it fosters a heart of thankfulness for all of the blessings that God has allowed into my life.  

This was just a little thought on my heart this morning and I thought I would share it.  Thank you for stopping by blog.  May God bless you and keep you in His loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your thoughts today, my lovely friend. I know exactly what you mean. Have a cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cozy dining room.
    I love the colors.
    Your right about keeping things in
    their place. I have plastic shoe boxes in my lined closet.
    Each one is labeled with the contents. It makes it so easy to find a bandaid or aspirin when needed.

    ReplyDelete