Wednesday, September 21, 2016

~My Morning~

This is the wax melt I fell in love with.  It is called Cider House Donuts.  I usually don't love fall scented wax, but this one is perfection.  It is not too sweet or spicy, it is just right.  I found this at Wal-mart.  
Now that it's fall, I've been cooking a lot more, so I've been not only using my dish washer, but also hand-washing dishes as well.  I have some dish washing gloves that I like to use to help my hands not get so dried out.  I wanted to share what my grandma Kelly uses to dry her dishes.  They are called Flour Sack Towels and you can get them at Wal-mart.  They are large, light weight and cotton and they are amazing for drying dishes.  I also use them to dust.  I picked up an extra pack at the store yesterday.
This is a free app called Kitchen Dial and it is wonderful to find out kitchen conversions in a snap.  Like how many Tablespoons in an Ounce.  It is very easy to use and I've already used it many times.

Today I am cleaning my kitchen floors.  I have had this Bissell Steam Mop for about ten years now.  It is wonderful and the steam naturally disinfects the floor with no harsh chemicals needed.  It has washable cotton pads so it is always fresh and clean.  I also washed the headboards and walls in our little Disney guest room this morning.  Our house is coming along nicely, it is painted grey with black shutters.  Steven did that part, but he hired someone who is scraping and painting all the white areas so they are all fresh and nice.  I am going to repaint the outside doors a dark red color.  The blue just doesn't look right.  Steven is going to get new screen doors for the front and back door as well.  I will post a photo as soon as it's all complete.  
  I actually decided to get a total of six bins for Megan's room.  As of now she is only using two, but this way she has options to keep more if she would like with out it looking cluttered.  I put chalk board stickers on each one so we can always change the label's title easily.

I am doing a lot of laundry today.  I am working on three loads of ours and a couple loads for Tristyn and Kaylee.  Tomorrow is my birthday, so my present was some new dishes from the Pioneer Women at Wal-mart.  I just love her stuff.  My old dishes were in really bad shape with fork marks just all over them.  I also got some really pretty glasses and bowls and a butter dish.  Needless to say I had to get rid of my old items so they are in a box waiting to go to Good will.  I am going to run those there this morning after I clean the toilets.   I don't care for that job, but I wear disposable gloves so that helps me to feel better about it.  

Tristyn and Kaylee came over for dinner last night.  I made roast beef with mashed potatoes and gravy from the roast beef drippings, I cooked quite a few ears of fresh corn and then cut it off the cob and added a bit of butter.  I also made another batch of those dinner rolls and had side salads or organic spring mix with toppings people could add if they liked.  It was a lot of work, but such a nice meal and so nice to have a bit of time with Tristyn and Kaylee.  They are pretty busy with school and their jobs.  My cousin Teri shared a blog with me that I love, it is called gdonna.com  the g stands for grandma.  She is a neat lady, and likes to do things the old fashioned way.  I've already learned a lot from reading her blog.  Well, I think I will treat myself to a cup of coffee with a lot of half and half before I have to tackle those toilets.   Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to look and see if my Wal-Mart has the Caramel Seeds. Megan was home from school, not feeling well, so I spent the afternoon tending to her care. Tonight I need to make up my menu for this week, because either tomorrow or Friday I will be going to do my weekly grocery shopping. I always get made fun of because I like so much half and half in my coffee...but it sure tastes yummy! Well have a good afternoon. Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete