Monday, June 12, 2017

~The Keeper Of Home Series: All About Attitudes~


Today, I would like to talk about how our attitudes can make a difference in the keeping of our homes.  Having a heart of thankfulness and appreciation for what we have is so very key to a happy home.  We should never compare ourselves to others as a gauge to how our home should be.  I enjoy learning how other people live because I can learn new things that I may want to implement in our home life, but we must not feel we need to "keep up with the Jone's"  Back when my oldest son was just a baby and I was just starting out in the world, I had very little.  However, I was always thankful for what I did have and appreciated it.  I was happy to have a safe place to live with nice climate control.  (Heating and A/C)  Humble as it was, I took very good care of my little home.  I would clean and tidy it and made it a homey place for our little family to live.  No matter if you have all the riches in the world, or just a little, our home is our little sanctuary and we should always keep it clean, tidy and make it as organized and comfortable as we can.  
  Years ago, we did not have a dishwasher, and I had to do dishes for a family of six every day.  I cooked from scratch, so I had a ton of dishes to do for each meal.  I always felt blessed to have plenty of food to feed my family and a place to prepare it, so I didn't feel too sorry for myself.  However, now I just feel so lucky to be able to load the dishes into my dishwasher and not have to hand wash so many dishes each day.  It is sometimes good to have to do with out so that we can truly feel blessed when life gets easier.  I feel the same way about my washer and dryer.  When I first started out, I had to go to the laundry mat or hand wash clothing.  Even though I do laundry all the time, I feel happy to do it so easily.  It is all about attitude.
I feel so bad for people who are never happy with what blessing they have.  If they could somehow learn to count their blessings their life could be so much better.  I think it is good to look at the big picture.  There are people in this world who are truly poor, who do not have shelter, food, clothing, good water and yet they keep their chins up and make the best of what they have.  They work hard each day to get what they need to survive.  I have always looked at the big picture and even when I have not always had things that I needed, I have always had a heart of thankfulness for what I did have.  Learning to be content with what we have can transform our lives.  Home life is what we make it, so why not make the best of what we have and make it a beautiful happy home for all who dwell there.  So next time you feel like your home is not all it should be, learn to look at it as a beautiful safe haven and make the best with what you have.  Lovingly care for your little space and use the little by little rule to upgrade things as you go.  Attitudes make all the difference in the world, good ones can make a happy life, bad ones can create hardship and sadness.  I just thought I would touch upon how our attitudes can change our home life. Even if someone has been negative for most of their life, they can work on it and turn it around and create a happy home.  It's never too late to make a change!    I hope everyone has a great week.  My parents are coming to stay with us for a couple of days and will arrive here this evening.  I am happy I will get to see them.  Hugs to you.  Juli

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Teri! I am excited to see them. Dad is going to help a friend of his install solar panels in their house. I just hope he doesn't get over heated. Take care, Hugs. Juli

    ReplyDelete