Tuesday, August 7, 2018

A little escape during a busy summer week!

Our week has been very busy getting ready for the children to start back to school.  There are a great many things we need to get done.  So this afternoon, I wanted to escape the busy summer week.  I went into our little Disney guest room, and melted some jack frost wax.  I watched my favorite tour of the outside of The Yankee Candle Village with the Christmas lights all aglow, and I had my app relax melodies on the icy snow sound.  I shut the windows and had my white Christmas lights aglow.  It just took my spirit to a different time.  I love doing little things like this when I feel life is just too busy.  It is a blessing to my heart.
I've already started to assemble my 2018 Christmas planner.  I am not yet sure of what all we will fill our Christmas with this year, but I am sure of one thing, and that is I want to keep it as simple as possible.  Last year we were blessed with getting to go to my family's for Christmas.  It had been four years or so since I had spent Christmas with my family, so it was such a treat.  The years before that we had spent Christmas with my husband's family.  Both of our family's are hosting Christmas this year again.  I am thinking this year we may just stay home in our little house and make some simple Christmas memories.  I host a Christmas day get together with all of my children, and I truly don't like to have too much going on at once.   I already am planning a trip to see my family in October, so even though it would not be at Christmas, it still would be special family time.  We are hoping that my husband's family can find a time to come and visit us, so that we will be able to spend some time with them this year as well.  They are all quite busy, so we are not sure if it will work out or not.  I have already started my little Christmas bucket list for special family moments we can spend this Christmas.  I know Christmas is a ways away, but it is my favorite time of year, so I like to start thinking about it early.  

I am going to put the YouTube link to my favorite Yankee Candle Village Christmas Light tour, in case you are silly like me and like to see Christmas lights in August!  LOL   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdqoFIhx9zk 

I hope you all have a blessed week!  Thanks for stopping by my little space.  Hugs.  ~Juli

3 comments:

  1. Love every single thing about this, my friend.
    It is never too early to get started on Christmas planning.
    If I may be so bold to offer a piece of advice, I agree with your thoughts on staying home with your family for Christmas. The season passes so quickly, and being able to be home makes it a bit less stressful. : )
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete