Friday, August 16, 2019

~A Peek Into Our Week


The children have their first day back at school today after summer break.  I am going to miss having them around.
Lauren and I went to a neat little market in our town.  It has all sorts of old fashioned things that make me think of my childhood.
They have cinnamon toothpix, my cousin Kim used to have these, and shared them with my sister and I.  I loved them.
They even have old fashioned toys.  Oh the sweet memories I have of playing with a light bright.
My grandpa Smith used to use one of these.  I still remember how he would get it out and count change.  I believe his was red.  Oh how I miss my grandpa Smith.
They even have candy necklaces!
I love how cute all their tins of teas look on display.  
Megan and I went to Sonic for a drink yesterday, and to see her best friend who works there.  
I decorated my planner the other day.  I love to change it up every so often.  It is the simple things that make me happy.
I keep a little Christmas display up in my kitchen.  I love trying to keep the spirit of Christmas all through the year.  One of my favorite songs is Keep Christmas With You all Through The Year by sesame street.  It was sung in my favorite childhood Christmas special, Christmas Eve On Sesame Street.  On a different note, we had an Earthquake this morning.  It was the biggest I have ever felt.  It knocked things over and I was so scared I was shaking after.  I can't imagine how scary it would be to have one that did damage.  It all just reminds me that each day is a gift, and we need to count our blessing, not our hardships.  Thank you for stopping by my little space.  I hope you all have a cozy weekend.  God bless and Hugs to you.  ~Juli

2 comments:

  1. Love the short uniform skirt with the sweater. I remember rolling my skirt up and walking all the way to school only yo roll it down as I got closer to home or the play ground....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juli!
    I love that song!!!
    I sing it every year to my kids when they are sad that Christmas is over!
    And my grandpa had that same coin holder. I can still see him holding it.
    Thanks for the memories, sweet friend.
    Your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete