Wednesday, August 28, 2019

~A Peek Into Our Weeks~


Sunday, August 18th Steven and I had  our 18 year wedding anniversary.  We celebrated on Saturday so that we could enjoy our favorite restaurant, The Carriage Crossing.  This is the sweet card my cousin Teri made for us, oh how I love it so very much!!!
They have the tastiest pies at Carriage Crossing, I just thought they looked so yummy, I had to snap a photo.


They always serve a little loaf of home made, warm bread and butter with cinnamon and sugar to top it.
After we enjoyed a nice lunch we looked through the little gift shop.  I love looking at all the candles and wax they carry.
I really liked this little picture.  It reminds me of my grandpa Kelly's old blue truck.  Finding the joy in the ordinary is the way I choose to live my life.  It is in the little things in life where I find the greatest joy.
After we left Carriage Crossing we stopped by this old fashioned little grocery store to get some Colorado peaches to take home and share with our family.
Here is Steven picking out some peaches.
I was happy we celebrated our anniversary on Saturday, because my oldest son Tristyn was very sick Sunday morning and tested positive for flu.  I cared for him, and came down with the flu myself a few days later.  Today is the first day in a long while that I am feeling a bit better.  I'm still weak, but am out of bed, so that is a blessing.  I was too sick to attend my sweet niece Madison's wedding, which was very sad.  I know that she and Brad will have such a wonderful life together, and I have just kept them in my prayers.  One of the great blessings in prayer is it connects us to those we pray for in such a special way.  I hope you are all having a nice week.  I thank you for stopping by my little space.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

1 comment: