Sunday, January 5, 2020

I always love the start of the New Year, because it is a time for reflection and a time of consideration.  This year my first and foremost goal is to live a more Christ centered life.  It is my desire to turn every part of my life to Christ.  For example, I like sweets a lot and it is not healthy to eat them as often as I do.  God gave me this body, and I need to take good care of myself out of respect for Him.  So it is my hope that I can greatly reduce the number of sweets that I consume.  I want to do that in all areas that I struggle with because it is my first and foremost goal to serve Him and live a Christ centered life.   Another area that we can give to God, is in the area of forgiveness.  It says in the Our Father forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.  That is pretty clear, so because I want to please God, I will strive to let go of hurt and resentments from all areas of my life and for all those who have not lived up to what perhaps they should have done.  When we ask God to help us to forgive He gives us grace to follow through and though it may take a while, if we choose to let go of hurt that someone imposed on us, it helps us to draw even closer to God.  So this year, I will try to give all areas of my life to the Lord, because I want to be the person He has called me to be and make Him proud.  
     I hope you are all having a nice 2020 so far.  Ours is going well.  I am happy to have sickness behind us, and look forward to the quiet days that the New Year brings. My parents came up for a little visit, and it was such a blessing to be able to spend time with them both. May God's blessing be with you and I  thank you for stopping by my space.  Hugs to you. ~Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment