Sunday, March 29, 2020

Childhood Memories

Today I thought I would share a few of my favorite memories from my childhood days. Every Saturday morning my sister and I would wake up early to watch Saturday morning cartoons.  I loved watching The Smurfs.  
Our family used to take rides after dinner in the evenings.  One of the special things we would do every once in a while was to get a couple of Peanut Buster Parfaits and we would share them.  Oh such good childhood memories.
I loved watching Wonder Women as a child.  I always thought Linda Carter was so beautiful.  
We went to see the movie Grease at a drive in theater.  This was one of my favorite movies to watch when I was younger.  
We used to get these tablets when I was in grade school.


These remind me of staying at my grandpa and grandma's house.  We would go with my grandma to her small town grocery store, and she would buy us these, they were so yummy.
My other grandma used to love taking photos and she always used flashcubes.  Seeing these remind me of the days we would spend with family at her home.
As children we loved trash candy!
I loved strawberry shortcake dolls.  I never did own one, but oh how I loved playing with my friends.  I loved the sweet strawberry smell they had.


These always remind me of when I was a very young girl.  My family and I would go to the mall in Memphis, Tenn. and my father would always buy us a bag of Brach's chocolate stars to share.  
Every once in a while we were allowed to pick out a candy, and I loved getting these Wacky Wafers in the delicious fruit flavors. 
We loved playing with our little people Seaseme Street.  It was our favorite show to watch when we were little. My sweet mother even would make up stories before bed to tell us about us going to visit Seaseme street.
I loved this bubble gum with the liquid center, it was my favorite. 


My childhood memories are so very special to me.  I can only pray that my own children will one day think back to their childhoods and they will bring joy to them as well.  
I thank you for stopping by my little space.  I pray you all are doing okay.  When ever I start to feel at all scared, I simply say Jesus I trust in you.  Please know that I will be praying for you all.  Now more than ever, lets try to keep a heart of gratitude for the things that we do have right now and look for the beauty that is still around us.  God bless and hugs to you. ~Juli

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Juli!
    We must have grown up in the same family!
    Every single one of your memories are things I know and love!!!!
    The Sesame Street set!!!!
    Freshen up gum!
    And Strawberry Shortcake!!!
    Thank you for the memories, my dear friend.
    Prayers and love for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete