Saturday, November 28, 2020


 After much consideration I have decided to make 2021 a Low Spend Year.  I wrote out a goal for myself and then wrote out the guidelines that I have set for my low spend year.  I thought I would share this with you all in case it would be of interest to you.


My Goal for myself in 2021 is as follows:  To live a Christ centered life and care for others as well as myself.  Carry a chapel in my heart and pray about everything.  Live a life that is less focused on spending money and enjoy the fruits of a simple life that is pleasing to God.


After I wrote this mission statement for  2021, I then wrote the following guidelines to help me know how to achieve this goal.


~No purchasing "New" items for myself except with birthday or Christmas money.  This includes items on ebay as well.



~On my husband and my weekly out and about, I may spend $7 per week thrifting if I so choose.


~I may purchase gifts for others.


~I may not purchase any new candles or wax melts, but rather need to enjoy the abundant supply that I already have.


~I can replace household items that break when needed.


These are my guidelines that I have set for myself to achieve my 2021 goal in hopes to be less focused on material items and more focused on God.  I know this would not be something that everyone would want to do, but I think it is nice for each of us to set a goal for ourselves and work on things that would help us to grow closer to God.  Thanks for stopping by my little space.  I hope you all had a happy thanksgiving and took a moment to think about the things in your life that you are thankful for.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

6 comments:

  1. A good and worthy resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, my friend.
    I can think of nothing better for myself as well!
    Thank you for always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this with us. I have been feeling led by the Spirit to lessen my spending as well. I think these are great guidelines. I have also thought; if I can't eat it or wear it, I don't want to buy it. I would love for you to continue to blog your progress. I'm proud of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Will you be giving updates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee Ann. Yes I will give updates, I’ve never done a low spend year but I’m actually excited for it. ❤️

      Delete