Sunday, January 17, 2021


I have been taking some time to turn inward and truly nurture my spirit.  Our world is such a place that has such potential for beauty, but many times is just full of troubles.  Tasha Tudor used to say "Take Peace"  "Take Joy"  I truly believe this is what we must do in order to have both Peace and Joy in our lives.  When we can turn inward and create homes that foster both peace and joy, then no matter how crazy the outside world becomes, we can still live a beautiful life.  I like the saying with the picture of Jesus standing in the heavy rain, and is says, focus on me, not the storm.  Jesus is most defiantly my rock in this uncertain world.  I strive to live a simple life that can be pleasing to God.  

If you read my blog, a few posts back I wrote about going on a low spend year.  I am still planning on doing this, but not in such a strict way.  I figure right now is not the time for me to restrict myself quite so much.  Going shopping every now and then and getting myself a little something brings me joy.   What I want to avoid is letting material things become Idols that take me away from God.  I wanted to let you all know that I have changed my mind about the low spend year and I will be doing a less restrictive version of it than I had planned on doing originally.  

I hope you are all doing well.  I just thank you for taking the time to stop by my little space.  I hope that you can take some time to nurture your spirits and that you can take Joy and take Peace in your life.  God bless you and keep you in his loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli


 

1 comment:

  1. Juli,
    I wrote a bit about the same thing today. About keeping our home a place of peace and comfort. And, I too had an idea of spending less in January only, but like you realized that especially now, treating myself to something small is necessary and deserved. Lovely visit today. Stay safe and cozy!

    ReplyDelete