Monday, March 15, 2021

Childhood Memories


I love this quote from Walt Disney.  My childhood was a magical and wonderful time in my life.  I enjoy looking at things that spark special memories and take me back to that wonderful time in my life.


We had this little wind up toy.  I remember just thinking how cute she was when she crawled.  


I just loved using this shampoo.  The shampoo was thick and gel like and the smell was wonderful.  I used to purchase this with my babysitting money, it was a little special something I gave to myself.


I loved Garfield so very much.  I also enjoyed looking through the toy section in the Christmas catalogs at all the wonderful toys.

This was Kissing Barbie.  My parents got my sister and I these dolls for Christmas one year.  I have one of these in my Childhood Memories Closet.


This was one of my favorite candy's as a child.  They were called Wacky Wafers.  Boy was I ever excited to find them a year or so ago at Cracker Barrel.  I purchased two, one to eat and one to put in my Childhood Memories Closet.  


 This was the kind of hairspray that my sweet grandma Kelly always used.  She always had a bottle in her bathroom.  Oh what sweet memories.

I loved all things strawberry shortcake.  I actually had the little Strawberry shortcake mini in the little pink nightgown.  I kept her in my purse and she was very special to me.  I now have one in my kitchen that reminds me of my childhood days so long ago.


My sister Tricia and I each had one of these Sea Wees dolls that we got for Christmas.  We had such fun playing with them in the bath tub.  Tricia had the blond one and I had the brunet one.


These purses were all the rage in the 80's.  I had one that I treasured.


Loves baby soft was my favorite perfume.  All the girls in my jr. high locker room used it.  Just having a wiff of it now brings me right back to those days.


I loved all the neat tin lunch boxes that we all used back in those day.  


Oh how I love I Dream Of Jeanie.  It was one of my favorite shows to watch back in the day.


I just thought I would share a few of my favorite memories from days gone by.  I was blessed to have a good childhood, and truly memories from those days have stayed with me all of my life.  I thank you for stopping by my space.  Hope you are having a good week.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

1 comment:

  1. Something about the power of a happy childhood memory...gives so much joy. I'm a little older than you, but it's the same feelings brought back. The old hairspray cans, Avon perfumes/bottles and cosmetics, my Chatty Cathy doll, pretty old hankies and on and on. Good memories are worth more than gold, for sure.
    Mary in So Cal

    ReplyDelete