Thursday, April 29, 2021

~Caring for what we have


Today I would like to share some thoughts that have been in the front of my mind and that is caring for what we have.  I have a memory back in junior high school, in the locker room of gym class.  We all had to change into our gym clothing.  Most of us girls would simply stick our clothing into the baskets with out much thought, but there was a girl who always wore such pretty dresses, and she would always neatly fold her outfits and would gently lay her clothing into the basket.  She did this with such care and I always admired her for this.  I truly think in today's society that caring for what we have, is almost becoming a lost art.  

I like to view the items that I have as being special and a gift to enhance my daily life.  I try to purchase quality items that will last a very long time.  This however does not mean that I always spend top dollar on everything I have.  For example, I would say about 95% of my clothing is thrifted.  I go to thrift stores often and only purchase clothing that is in like new condition and is very good quality.  I have my closet organized with skirts all together, and then I organize my shirts based on long sleeves, short sleeves and then I keep all of my printed tops grouped together as well.  When I open my closet door to pick an outfit, it is a pleasure to do so.  When we care for what we have and know where to find it, because it has a home, it is truly a blessing.  

It is nice to live with a more old fashioned mind set that the things we own are special and should be treated as such.  I also think we should only bring items into our homes when we have a set spot for them to go.  I like to say, if it doesn't have a home, it doesn't stay in our home.   It truly is nice to create a life that is not disposable.  

This is just what has been on my mind today.  Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit my blog.  I hope you have a cozy rest of your day.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts.
    And I agree. I have been much more careful as I get older about accumulating "stuff". Just because I like something or think it is cute, I don't have to have it! Especially if I don't have a place for it. Beautiful post, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mixing bowl. Aqua/teal and red is so pretty

    ReplyDelete