Friday, October 1, 2021

~A Peek Into Our Week


 Happy October first!  I just love fall weather, and we are truly starting to have nice cool fall mornings and evenings here in Kansas.  I love when the temperatures cool down, because it just makes my soul slow down and enjoy the cozy little comforts of life.


I added some little fall touches to the outside of our little house.  I enjoy sitting on the chair and drinking a cup of something warm and cozy.

I enjoy this little picture that hangs in our home.  I am a firm believer that living the simple life leads to a happy heart.


I did not decorate our living room too much this year for Fall.  I simply added my little pumpkin pillows to our couches.  


Here is the orchid that my husband, Steven purchased for me on our 20th anniversary. We stayed home and enjoyed a special take out dinner because I was still dealing with the inflammation left from having had Covid.  However it was still a very special day even though we did not do anything grand.  


Here is a little corner in my living room where I keep my Victoria magazines and my Keeper at Home magazines along with my Reminisce magazines. 



In this large bag is where I keep my Bible, all of my devotional books and any books that I am reading that are Christian based.  I also keep my prayer journal and my highlighters.  In the small little bag is where I keep my Holy Water, my rosary, a little medal of Saint Faustina and a couple of holy cards.  I have always liked to have a home for everything.  It makes me just feel good to know that things that I use and are special are given a spot where I always know right where they are.


 In this bag I keep our family's finacial binder and all the things I use to make our family's budget.  I purchased this bag when my sister Tricia and I were spending time together.  Those days are special to me, because they don't happen too often.  I sure do love and miss all of my family.  



I love this little file cabnet in the corner of one of our bedrooms.  It has a picture of my mother when she was a young girl with her Christmas bike.  Her parents did not have much money, but her father was able to purchase her Christmas bike second hand, and it was a gift that she will never forget.  I like to purchase things second hand for so very many reasons.  

I am still having days where I have to take to bed if my chest has inflamation.  when this happens, I like to use my time to pray, read my Bible and do my devotionals.  Drawing close to God is a gift and a privilege.  Jesus loves all of us so very much.  I hope you are all having a blessed week.  Remember when life gets crazy, keep your eyes focused on Jesus instead of the storms.  Thank you for taking time to stop by my little space.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli




4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your still struggling with the after affects of covid.
    Rest,read your Bible and take time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! I am so glad to see you here. I am so sorry that you are still suffering with the effects of covid. I pray that you feel better very soon. Your home is just as beautiful as ever! I wanted to let you know that I purchased the first 5 books in the Sugarcreek Amish series based on your reviews! I am loving it so far. It is so uplifting and I am needing that at this stage in my life. Feel better soon friend~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, my dear friend. Your home is the perfect place to rest and continue to recover. Prayers and hugs from rainy Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is lovely. I wish we lived near one another. I need a friend with a cozy home. We are very similar except we don’t have children.

    ReplyDelete