Sunday, October 15, 2023


 This morning as my husband and I were eating brunch, we were just visiting about children and parents relationships, and it brought to my mind a time a couple of years ago when my daughter Lauren was very sick.  I found myself in my room begging Jesus to make her well.  My prayer resembled that of a child who desperately wants something and won't stop begging.  I was in agony.  Then something happened that had never happened before so clearly.  Jesus spoke to my heart, not with words but I knew what he told me as clearly as if He had been speaking to me with words.  He put on my heart that I needed to pray for Lauren like I had prayed for myself when I was very ill with Covid.  My prayer for myself had been, Lord please let me get well if it is your will, but if not, then let your will be done, I trust in you.  He let me know that Lauren did not belong to me, but rather she belonged to Him.  For a moment I was not sure I could pray that prayer for her, but I did.  The moment I prayed it, a peace replaced my agony, that had filled my soul moments before.  I wanted to share this with you, in case it would help to give someone else peace to keep in mind that God is in control and this world is not all there is, and we should put our trust in the Lord totally, in all areas of our lives. I hope you have a cozy day, and I thank you for taking your time to stop by my blog.  God bless you and keep you in His loving care.  Hugs to you.  ~Juli

1 comment:

  1. I've prayed a prayer like that before as well. Thank you for sharing this. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete